Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Florida vs. University of Georgia  (Read 712 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
University of Florida vs. University of Georgia
« on: June 29, 2004, 10:44:28 PM »
I am a Florida resident.  IF I got accepted to both UF and UGA, (I want to practice in the South, either GA or FL or the Carolinas), which school should I attend.  

From my understanding, UGA is a better ranked school with better job placements, etc., but FL would be so much cheaper for me since I am a FL resident.  

Any comments or suggestions?  Any pros and cons about each school?  

ruskiegirl

Re: University of Florida vs. University of Georgia
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:31:10 PM »
*Sigh* As a Vol, I am taught to hate UF.  As a Floridian, I am taught to love it. 

I'd go to UF.  UF is a solid school and there's not enough of a difference in ranking to pay out of state tuition for UGA.  I am sure your education at UF will be just as good, and if you want to practice in the Carolina's and you're not coming out of Wake or UNC, there's not going to be much of a difference of opportunity for you as a UF vs. UGA grad.

Gummo

Re: University of Florida vs. University of Georgia
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 12:00:47 AM »
I'm at UF undergrad...I'd go to UF if you KNOW want to practice in Florida and UGA if you don't.  From what I've heard, it's fairly easy to get residency after a year in GA, so the first year would be the bank-breaking one...after that, UGA's and UF's tuitions are comparable.  UGA's employed @ grad rates are slightly better than UF's, but really, the deciding factor should be where you want to practice.

No help, I know.