Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 100 Questions?  (Read 518 times)

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
100 Questions?
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:55:12 PM »
I found this board shortly after taking the October 1 exam.  I wanted to create a post because I'm almost certain that the exam had only 100 questions, but I haven't found any posts verifying as much.  I had the RC, RC, LR, LG, LR version, and the combination of the second RC with the rest of the sections accounted for 101 questions, so I left the test center convinced that the first section was experimental.  Was the breakdown not then 26-26-22-26?

One more note: You can add my allegiance to the law firm clan. (as opposed to all-stars)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 100 Questions?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 08:59:28 PM »
100 is correct, unfortunately so is all-stars.  Imagine if the Yankees were in a beer leauge.  Take their two best players along with the best guys in the rest of the league and the old yankees are still the best.

Why did I choose the Yankees, I hate the Yankees

Luxor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 09:04:47 PM »
I'm a little perplexed about the "100 Police Officers" answer because I remember thinking that the fact that 100 had been added EACH OF THE LAST 3 years very much hurt its case.  It seemed unrealistic to think that such a policy could have suddenly made a far more significant difference than it had in the past two years.  Unfortunately, I can't remember what answer I did eventually blacken, but it wasn't the one about harsher sentences.  I'm kind of surprised that this answer hasn't been debated, or maybe it has?  I missed the "unnatural" question, too, deciding that it was self-contradictory.   

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 09:10:02 PM »
I beleive the answer was more along the lines that two years ago, a policy that mandated 100 new police officers each of the next three years.  That was my answer, and I have seen other people say it was right, but I am still not sure about it.

Thomas 239

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 09:28:54 PM »
Yeah, there were 100 questions, not 101. Juen's was 100 but one was thrown out, leaving only 99. I'd rather have had a 101 question test, but oh well. As long as they don't throw one out that I got right, I can deal with 100  :)

I beleive the answer was more along the lines that two years ago, a policy that mandated 100 new police officers each of the next three years.  That was my answer, and I have seen other people say it was right, but I am still not sure about it.

I think the question was about like, the crime rate has decreased in the last two years due to harsher prison sentences imposed by the new judge. What undermines this argument?

The "100 cops per year for the last 3 years" offers a new explaination besides the judge's harsher sentences. Its true that more cops don't necessarily mean that the crime will be lower- but the guy making the original argument would have to move to defend his argument by saying "Oh, the cops aren't doing anything" or "Yes, but the total number of hours worked by cops is the same" or something to deflate or deflect the argument. If it forces him to have to either defend or counter-attack, then that means it hurts his argument (or would hurt it if he left it unchallenged). Its important to note that a "weaken" credited response need not obliterate the conclusion, it just has to pose a threat to it- and thats what the "100 cops" choice does.
GPA: :/
LSAT: 171 (Oct. 05)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:25:36 AM »
also, none of the other answers did anything to weaken the argument.  100 cops might only weaken the argument a little, but that is still 'most weakens.'