Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 69307 times)

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2005, 03:43:48 PM »
I was, unfortunately, allergy attack sniffling girl.

I swear, my nose started running off my face at the end of section two, and I spent all of section 3 trying to figure out some way to manage to be able to breathe without sniffing madly or blowing my nose into my hand. :P

At the break, I ran to the restroom and grabbed napkins so I could blow my nose while I waited to use the toilet.

Other than that, I was mild survival: three mechanical pencils, extra lead, a click eraser, granola bars, timer, and ratty jeans and a t-shirt.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

Elle Esdee

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2005, 08:12:34 AM »
Brooks Brothers for me.

AE jeans, a small pink Oscar de la Renta dress shirt, tucked, a black/pink striped RL Chaps tie (strapped, thankfully), and Gucci Envy eau de toilette.

Something about dressing up after a relaxing shower and shave really wakes me up and gets me ready to tackle anything. I didn't really need it since I woke up at 3:30AM anyways, but it didn't hurt.

I also brought a little bag with scrambled eggs with shrimp; it was such a fantastic pick-me-up during the break! I would advise any future test taker to bring a substantial snack for the break; you'll probably need it.

Elle Esdee

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2005, 08:29:19 AM »
Brooks Brothers for me.

AE jeans, a small pink Oscar de la Renta dress shirt, tucked, a black/pink striped RL Chaps tie (strapped, thankfully), and Gucci Envy eau de toilette.

Something about dressing up after a relaxing shower and shave really wakes me up and gets me ready to tackle anything. I didn't really need it since I woke up at 3:30AM anyways, but it didn't hurt.

I also brought a little bag with scrambled eggs with shrimp; it was such a fantastic pick-me-up during the break! I would advise any future test taker to bring a substantial snack for the break; you'll probably need it.

Holy soho.  I brought 5 granola bars and a huge gatorade.  Not as gourmet as the eggs and shrimp, but it worked.
Holy small office home office? ??? and the eggs with shrimp were fantastic; I felt bad for the other testers that didn't get to have any. :D

curly

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm sexy
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2005, 02:08:19 PM »
Brooks Brothers for me.

Holy crap. Please tell me you don't pop your polo shirt collars? 'Cause if you do, we might have to rassle.  :D Joking...I'm such a laid back person I think dressing up and having a gourmet meal would result in tummy aches and very wrinkly designer clothing. T-shirt and jeans all the way. My brain would be confused without them :P.
Red's "The Official Crush of LSD" Award Recipient.

Also, "Hottest Roommate" Award. I'm now prestigious by association.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lgirl

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2005, 03:04:32 PM »
I'll probably be wearing my usualy: thift store jeans and a iu shirt.

And the shrimp and eggs sound REVOLTING
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

amoebalaw

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2005, 03:55:56 PM »
I was "I have to have a desk in the front" guy. I hate seeing other people in my peripheral vision on a big exam. Except that the last remaining table in front had small holes in it! I had to strategically place myself between the holes, and practice writing on the intro material to make sure I didn't break through the paper. Yikes.

BTW, 8 pencils:

5 (one for each section)
1 for the essay
1 for the instructions
1 extra, just in case

LostMyMonkeys

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2005, 01:45:36 PM »
I think I was "standard overly prepared" girl. Nothing over the top but more than the bare minimum.
I had several pencils (some regular some mechanical) red pens, blue pens, black pens, highlighters.
Dressed in jeans, a t shirt and a light sweater (Northeast Florida in October).
I did have my prep stuff handy 'for warmup'. I also had a granola bar-type thing for break.

And I took an Imodium before I left the house. And had some in my purse for the break "just in case". I'm a 'nervous stomach' kind of girl when I get, well, nervous. Didn't want to be the "had to sprint out of the room to strap herself to the crapper" girl.

I sat next to "Tell everyone your life story" girl. The kind of girl who talked to everyone and anyone within earshot (and well out of 'normal' ear shot since she spoke so LOUDLY) about her prep course, her debate about staying in a hotel room vs driving the 2 hours in the morning to the site, to her being a bartender, to her smoking habits to her eating habits, well, it goes on. She also was "survival kit" girl.

Here's an idea, why don't you be "my fist in your face" girl and STFU eh?

Nice ass won't get you through your whole life. When you turn 30 you better have a personality

syp456

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2005, 11:04:49 AM »
I also brought in a testing book to just get to thinking in LSAT terms before I was actually focusing on questions that were going to count towards my score. 

However; I did not bring in any food.  It is a FOUR HOUR test people.  What are you worried about?? We did not meet at the LSAT site to go on an expedition.  I saw a number of people with more food in the testing room than I ate during that entire Saturday and I am a 175 Lb. male. 

...you guys are gonna get fat in law school with all the tests that they give.  Anyway; Have a good holiday!

ImNobody

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2006, 09:20:24 PM »
I was "survival kit girl."
I sat next to "life story girl" and behind "inappropriate sexual innuendo mom" (don't even ask.)
The best was the guy in front of me- we had a gnarly games section, and I guess he was hoping it was the experimental. Well, when it came time for the last section of the test, he opened it up, looked down and said "Ah, F*** it." and promptly walked out. I just thought "Oh man- I know how you feel."

jay kay

• Limp Bizkit Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2006, 12:41:41 AM »
North Face jacket (cold and rainy in Portland) w/collegiate sweatshirt underneath.  Granola bar, string cheese.  Three pencils with crappy erasers.  Hoping I don't lose any points from the smudges.  And I wish I had purchased a timer.
N 2 Gether Now:
Results May Vary:
Break Stuff:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=heinous1