Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 69334 times)

mapko

• View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2005, 02:31:05 AM »
I guess survival kit guy too. I had 4 no.2 pencils, 2 mechanical pencils, a highlighter, a timer, an eraser, glasses (in case something happened with my contacts) 2 energy drinks, a protein bar and smokes. I must have been wired like a marionette. I collapsed into bed a couple of hours after coming home and I've promised myself I'll never have another Mountain Dew energy drink in my life.  :-[
CGPA-3.7; LSAT-oct 05

steve112sms

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - steve112sms
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 02:58:38 AM »
I had a pen, 2 pencils, my wallet, keys and a couple torn out pages of an RC section. I was wearing a Brighter Death Now t-shirt though that features a picture of a dead cat and says, "be my kitten tonight" so people probably thought I was a weirdo.

SCgrad

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2005, 04:05:03 AM »
The first time I took it, I bought a 4 dollar mechanical pencil just for the occasion.  I had some other sh*t, too, but I don't remember.  The second time, I was "wondering around Boone, NC lost for an hour then getting to the test while they were giving the instructions" guy.

One I had a few of was "I just hope I get a 160 even though I have never got above a 152 on a practice or the three other LSATs I took.  That would be so sweet, and I have to repeat this over and over and over and over" girl. 

RockyMarciano

• Sr. Citizen
  • Invading Ithaca this Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2005, 07:36:01 PM »
Kiss-Up Guy: Offering to help with everything the proctor is doing, as if she was the one grading the LSAT.

I had one of those guys in my June 05 test. Also, i remember that we had one lady that needed to get some nicotine in her system because she was bitching at the proctor for handing out the writing portion out wrong. The proctor made an honest mistake and accidently missed one person and the lady yells "Well, great! now we have it all mixed up and I do not know if I have the right one." I was about to get up and tell her that everything was going to be just fine or pimp slap her. Seriously, I would have perferred the pimp slap. I mean does she know that the writing section is not graded. You know what, I would not have pimp slapped her but dropped kicked her. The nerve of some ppl to start screaming at a 70  year old proctor b/c she handed out the stuff wrong.
www.cpixel.com is the ghetto myspace

jeb240

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 07:43:29 PM »
nail file and nail clippers (if I broke a nail I didn't want to be distracted by messing with it)

OMG, two days before the test I made sure to clip my nails so that I would not have nails remotely long enough to fiddle with, or nails that could have dirt under them that I could get distracted by wanting to clean away.  And I didn't want to wait until the day of to clip, lest I scratch myself during the test and my nail be too sharp and that provide yet another distraction.

I'm EASILY distracted which presents a problem for me on tests like these.  Luckily I am pretty smart, so I think it balances out.  I hope, anyway.

j.rosh

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 03:11:32 PM »
I had two pencils, two highlighters, and cheese-n-crackers snack.
I was the only one who opted to stay in the test room during the break to eat.
I was wearing a tank top, skirt, and sandals.  There was no one in the room who went overboard with their supplies or clothes.

Dominique

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am Mighty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 03:44:23 PM »
I rolled out of bed and stayed in my pajamas for the test.  I bought a mechanical pencil at Walgreens on the way.  And I guess I got too excited putting lead into the pencil because I jammed it up and it broke.  So I borrowed one from the proctor. 
I thought it was pretty funny seeing how freaked out people were.  For some reason I was just not nervous for the thing...  I think it was just all kind of surreal.
3.7/165.  How crazy to finally have real stats...

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 04:54:16 PM »
I just barely made it in the room before they locked it down. Not even a min later some other kid tried to come in but they had already started the instructions and didn't let him in.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »
I just barely made it in the room before they locked it down. Not even a min later some other kid tried to come in but they had already started the instructions and didn't let him in.

Sucks to be that kid.  I mean, it's probably their fault, but still, that sucks.

j.rosh

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 08:51:16 PM »
My proctor actually let someone into the room during the instructions (some guy that sat next to me), and there was one person who didn't return after the break.  I was actually surprised by how calm I felt.