Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 66852 times)

tier 7 hopeful

Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2005, 11:46:47 AM »
In June I must have been "what's an LSAT?" guy.  I drank a Red Bull before I went, and brought 2 mechanical pencils.  That's it.

Numbers

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »
I was survival kit guy-- BUT I WAS UNDERCOVER. Instead, I was posing as frat boy listening to his iPod who didn't give a *&^%. 

But inside my backpack i had: Bottled water, apple, banana, Trail Mix (2 huge bags of the *&^%), Kleenex, Highlighters, Backup contact lenses, glasses (backup for my backup), a few preptests, passport, admission ticket, etc. I also had the expensive timer and 18 layers. In June.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 04:12:08 PM »
18 layers. In June.

I honestly think the temperature can be more variable in the summer.  Some schools buildings have air conditioning cranked like nobody's business.

chidochido

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebuilding
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sapotauro
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 04:19:34 PM »
I was totally Brooks Brothers! I hardly ever dress up but I like to do it for tests. Whatever works...

My favorites were:

Stand-Up Guy: Basically a Seinfeld wannabe cracking jokes on every aspect of the test and the administration ("Did you ever notice how hard it is to keep a steady 'bubbling' motion throughout the test?")

Kiss-Up Guy: Offering to help with everything the proctor is doing, as if she was the one grading the LSAT.

and, let's not forget...
Einstein Hair Guy: I was one of these too. My hair was alright at the beginning of the day, and then as I proceeded through the test, running my hands over my head in concentration, I ended up sporting a mad scientist fro by the end of it all.
Boalt 1L

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 04:25:46 PM »
these are hilarious.....we had a few brooks brothers types but overall not too bad

you only had a few???  i waqs shocked when i took the test at USF lst year.  I had recently moved to TB.  When I took the test up north more than 80% of the kids showed up in comfy clothes: pajama bottoms and tees, scrubs, jeans and tees you get the picture.  But at USf, every kid (in my room) save me and one punk rocker were in business casual clothes.  so surreal.

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 04:31:38 PM »
i figured they all must have thought dressing up would better the performance. or perhaps there was something else on campus that day, i have no idea.  but it was strange.  i'm slightly relieved to know it was an anomaly. 

deleted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 05:50:42 PM »
I was the guy who brought a mechanical pencil that has failed before, informed the kid next to him of the signal that would be used to instruct him to give me a pencil from his collection in case of failure, slept during the instructions, and when i would finish a section early i would glance around the room and stereotype the others, i also tried to get the proctor to postpone starting the test so i could go pee

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 01:08:37 AM »
I was kind of survival kit guy in June, but only because I had a cough, and I desperately didn't want to be "irritating coughing chick," so I brought a bunch of water, cough drops, tissues, etc.

And, ok, I brought a timer and six or seven pencils 'cause I'm anal retentive, and several layers because I hate being hot or cold when taking tests.

I tried my best not to be the "irritating coughing chick." But I think I coughed big time twice during the test. (spitting out the green mucus.. it was disgusting)

The proctor bitched to someone else for having candy on his desk. I was really scared about taking cough drops throughout the test cause I thought they were gonna take it away (I was sitting in the very front row).but after my big cough, even though she saw me eating my cough drops, she didn't say anything..

I also had a buncha tissue on my lap. 6 pencils, and my almost broken timer..

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 02:47:42 AM »
I love Brooks Brothers guy (who I only saw toned down versions of), but support group girl might top him.  When I was coming into the building, some girl had a group there reassuring her and wishing her luck.  This is 8.15 on a dang Saturday morning; I wouldn't get up to wish my mom luck on the LSAT on a Saturday morning and this girl had a gaggle of people.  What the hell?

Was she latina?   :D

No, she looked like a normal looking white girl, but the support group was distictively grungy.

supergirluw

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2005, 12:09:33 AM »
I was "up at 5am with the sniffles" girl. I was one of the only ones who didn't bring her big-arse Kaplan book with her (not that I used one this time around, but I really felt sorry for the other 400 test takers who were studying with theirs at 8am still...) but I did a couple prep tests questions before I walked over to the campus.

Seattle is all about the brooks brothers guys...I was giggling so hard watching them all walk into my lecture hall. Half the girls were brooks brother's wives wannabes too.

i don't do sweats, so I was in my favorite jeans and sweatshirt. and sandals (that was a mistake, my feet were SO COLD...its a cement lecture hall...i wasn't thinking....)

but yes, I had the sniffles....the whole way through the test. I broke my nose when I was 15 and have had an uncontrollably runny nose since, but cold air makes it worse. I felt bad for my test-neighbors, but oh well. Thats what they get for dressing up for the LSAT.

Kaplan provided all of us with survival-kit-goodie-bags as we walked into the lobby of the lecture halls, which totally threw everyone off who didn't know what to expect. This also made me giggle...and gave me 3 days worth of snacks and a commemorative pencil. Everyone else used the pencil. I wondered if they were prepared at ALL.....