Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 67910 times)

Dionysus

• View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 02:46:58 PM »
Oh, the guy I mentioned was also the last minute crammer type.  You know, the people who brought their LSAT prep books to the exam, as if reading the book over one last time would suddenly make everything click.
sizup

jeb240

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 02:54:01 PM »
i was the normal testtaker.  i had a bottle of water, two pencils and a granola bar in my fleece. 

Throw in a passport, a black pen, and two more granola bars and that was me.

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 03:04:16 PM »
Oh, the guy I mentioned was also the last minute crammer type.  You know, the people who brought their LSAT prep books to the exam, as if reading the book over one last time would suddenly make everything click.

Oh, haha, that was kinda me, too.  I brought a prep test that I had done and I was reading some of the LR questions just to get into the groove of being focused while reading

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 03:06:47 PM »

OK, so I was survuval guy and last minute crammer guy?  FWIW, I think most people that have one of their books with them are using them for "warm-up" questions, not for last minute cramming.  It worked for me - I found the first section (RC) to be quite pleasant.  
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

jeb240

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 04:33:54 PM »
Yeah, I tore out the last prep test in my Next 10 or 10 more (whichever one is the latest), sans answer sheet however, and took that to the test, too, just so that I'd have some questions to read to warm-up my brain.

Oh, and I had a timer.  But a timer just makes good sense.  I set it to being 10s shy of a full 35min so if I didn't get done by the time it went off, I still had 10s to fill in blanks rather than risk "Pencils down" being called before I could fill them all in.  Luckily that was only two or three questions in the LR sections and those seem to be the questions of prime debate, so maybe I guessed right and, had I not had those 10s thanks to the timer, I probably would not have been able to guess at all.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 01:06:35 AM »
Get this, my anal retentive screwball proctor guy not only did not allow water (or anything to drink, but no water... Please...) but more importnatly, the proctor did not allow your "layers to be taken off during the test nor be next to you during the test. So much for dressing to appropriate yourself to variable climate in the testing room. Oh well I can't complain I wore my sweater after getting cold working up to the break, and kept it on 'til the writing sample was finished. Plus there was plenty of space. Good things.

Two girls were adjacent and across from me respectively. I tried polite conversation to ease pressure and the first bit my head off with "I am really really nervous so I can not EVEN talk right now, I cannot speak... Ironically her whole protest took more time to spew out than my polite banter previously.

The other girl responded in kind with "I need to *gestures in a straight line like an arrow pointing to the front of the room, pure idiocy and fright combined*

The last time I try to help fellow testers simply swallow their fear...
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141

The Flying

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 01:54:04 AM »
I think I was an LSAT weirdo... lol... I took two redbulls (finished one in the test center min before the test), 2 chocolate bars with 70% cocoa, gum, kleenex, water, 2 preptests,and a ziploc bag with the following: timer, 7 pencils, a highlighter,and 2 erasers.

I also had a sweater that I took of btw the first and second sections.
Hehe.. not sure if I needed all that armory; but the redbull was surely helpful.
3.86/172 and a good LS karma

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 04:40:41 AM »
I love Brooks Brothers guy (who I only saw toned down versions of), but support group girl might top him.  When I was coming into the building, some girl had a group there reassuring her and wishing her luck.  This is 8.15 on a dang Saturday morning; I wouldn't get up to wish my mom luck on the LSAT on a Saturday morning and this girl had a gaggle of people.  What the hell?

NonTrad in Florida

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2005, 10:09:32 AM »
I love Brooks Brothers guy (who I only saw toned down versions of), but support group girl might top him.  When I was coming into the building, some girl had a group there reassuring her and wishing her luck.  This is 8.15 on a dang Saturday morning; I wouldn't get up to wish my mom luck on the LSAT on a Saturday morning and this girl had a gaggle of people.  What the hell?

Was she latina?   :D
Ok... Now what?

Scunning

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2005, 10:14:45 AM »
I wore a nicotine patch. Highly recommend it. A girl in front of me was offering her friends some uppers. I was tempted to ask for one! One girl kept starting the sections before we were told to. Just made me wonder about her decision to pursue law. I mean, if she has no ethics for the LSAT, what hope is there?