Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 69768 times)

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:40:31 PM »
Some LSAT test takers are funnier than others.

There is survival kit guy.  You are not sure if he is planning on taking the LSAT or spending three days in the woods.  This guy brings three bottles of water, a variety of snacks and his entire medicine cabenet into the room. 

Meditation guy was funny too.  I don't know if whatever this guy was doing was relaxing, but biting my lip to not laugh at him was.  He didn't throw a rug on the ground, but did everything short of it.

Oh, and we had a four cups of coffee girl.  You will notice this girl is finishing her last cup in the testing room.  She is the one who sprinted out of the room at the break to go pee.  Classic.

Does anybody have any other stories of funny LSAT test takers?

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 11:48:49 AM »
I was amused by "The Brooks Brothers Kid".  This baby-face was all done up in his Brooks Brothers button-up, fancy pants and loafers.  Now maybe he was more comfortable in these professional looking clothes, but since everybody else in the room was more comfortable in sweats and shorts, I kinda doubt it. 

BTW, I was survival kit guy. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

B@t.man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:54:25 AM »
I was also survival kit guy; but I only brought 1 bottle of water and forgot my snacks at home  :-\.

B@t.man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 12:04:22 PM »

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 12:05:29 PM »
There was a girl in my room who got there first and had the following in front of her:

- 10+ pencils
- 10+ Kleenex tissues
- bottle of water
- bottle of some caffeinated drink
- 2-3 erasers
- 2-3 highlighter pens
- the "deluxe" timer from the PowerScore website (I think it's like $30 or something!)

She looked ridiculous.  She also looked TERRIFIED

dunson

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 12:06:14 PM »
i was the normal testtaker.  i had a bottle of water, two pencils and a granola bar in my fleece. 

B@t.man

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:07:58 PM »
The only expensive silent timer I saw was also on a desk at the front of the room... go figure.  ::)

Dionysus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 01:21:31 PM »
There was a guy at my testing center who brought a huge bag of gummy bears and when he was asked why he did so he said that he read an LSAT LR stimulus that said sugar was good for the brain so he was testing it out  :-\

He also held up the whole room because he was proofreading and editing the honesty statement thing on the test form.  He took like half an hour on that thing.  Overall, on of the biggest tools I have ever seen.
sizup

allyreese

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »
in addition to those listed above, in my room we had:

best friend guys - actually, i think one might have been a woman, but they looked like carbon copies of each other and kept whispering and giggling during the instructions, they set their timers together and put them on the same desk flap in the seat between the two of them

nervous smoker guy - insanely jittery from the moment he left his bag of food and smokes at the front to the moment he picked them up and lit up like four at once to smoke over the 10 minute break

strange old guy/gal - this lady in our group had to be well over 40 and she looked both confused and terrified...

lazy and/or drunk proctor - when proctor A was going through the rules, proctor B would like burst out laughing at half of them, when proctor A told proctor B to collect the cell phones proctor B was like "what, seriously? that's stupid" and then randomly exclaimed how crazy the whole collection thing was while he was actually doing it

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 01:54:34 PM »
I was kind of survival kit guy in June, but only because I had a cough, and I desperately didn't want to be "irritating coughing chick," so I brought a bunch of water, cough drops, tissues, etc.

And, ok, I brought a timer and six or seven pencils 'cause I'm anal retentive, and several layers because I hate being hot or cold when taking tests.