Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 68017 times)

jobq48

• View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #140 on: August 10, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
I was the last minute crammer guy and the jittery smoker guy.  I did not prep at all so i literally got up at six thirty to try and wrap my head around some of theese "logic games" everyone was so worried about.  On the break I smoked 2.5 cigs and got up in the middle of the instructions to take a piss.  I couldnt stand listening to my ancient proctor. 

meggo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2008, 07:53:30 PM »
I'm surprised they let you go during the instruction reading.....

lawskoolmama

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2008, 02:06:53 AM »
I was older pregnant lady.

Only 29, but I was four months pregnant when I took the LSAT.  I didn't notice any of the other test takers, only how long in between when the test started and when the break was!

On3H34rT

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
The guy sitting a couple seats next to me finished section 1 early and proceeded to ask to go to the bathroom.  This would not of been an issue except that he was HUGE, and the spaces between the desks (lecture hall) were slim.  I was interrupted twice by him leaving and him coming back.  Having to leave to use the bathroom already...really?  I am fairly certain he just wanted others to see he was already done.

vesperholly

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2009, 01:40:19 PM »
My natural inclination is to be "girl who thought we were going to climb Everest during the break and brought her own sherpa," but I got control of myself today and realized it's a 3.5-hour test, not a camping trip. So my kit goes: Six sharp No. 2 pencils, English muffin, ticket, ID, water, analog wristwatch, cardigan.

Anyone else surprised to feel anxious about tomorrow?
Legerdemain and sass

LessThanLiz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2009, 06:03:28 AM »
This past Saturday's exam was The LSAT: Recession Style. It was filled with a large chunk of older people who had trouble following simple directions and had to ask questions such as "Wait, so we fill in our name where it says 'name'?" I sat behind "We're all in this together" woman who was very sweet and thought she could send 160+ vibes in my direction by dramatically waiving her hands.

I was "Trust me, I'm a retaker" girl. It was like being the seasoned war veteran in a room full of new recruits. I also had many pencils, just in case the first five broke.

vesperholly

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30:44 AM »
That's so funny. We had a ton of non-trads in my section, too, but they were the ones who were prepared. This kid who rolled in in his PJs was essentially strip-searched after he was told "no electronic devices" and took his digital watch to his car. Came back and pulled out a cell phone and started texting while he was in line. The proctors marched over and he tried to debate the point ("But I didn't KNOW. Can't I just turn my phone OFF?").

The woman next to me (also, like me, thirtysomething) sighed heavily and muttered "Read the f'ing rules, kid" and then saw me smirking and said, "Oh, I'm a teacher. It's so damn exasperating."
Legerdemain and sass

environmintyfreshness

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2010, 04:12:52 PM »
I was "if I look like I'm overprepared, maybe that will up my score" girl. I had two bottles of apple juice and two granola bars (I ended up sharing at break with someone who'd forgotten to bring anything), and eight pencils, two pencil sharpeners, two erasers, and a new watch (analog). Everything but the food was pink. Half of it was just wanting to see what the nervous wrecks would do when I set out my office-store-supply of pink in an orderly array on my desk, and half of me was reassured by the OCD nature of having matching supplies. I talked to "what test is this again?" guy beforehand (I got into town 4 hours early, ate at an adorable hole-in-the-wall diner, and still sat outside the room for two hours before any proctors showed up) and he had no idea what was even tested on the LSAT. It made me feel better about myself.

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
so?

Some LSAT test takers are funnier than others.

There is survival kit guy.  You are not sure if he is planning on taking the LSAT or spending three days in the woods.  This guy brings three bottles of water, a variety of snacks and his entire medicine cabenet into the room. 

Meditation guy was funny too.  I don't know if whatever this guy was doing was relaxing, but biting my lip to not laugh at him was.  He didn't throw a rug on the ground, but did everything short of it.

Oh, and we had a four cups of coffee girl.  You will notice this girl is finishing her last cup in the testing room.  She is the one who sprinted out of the room at the break to go pee.  Classic.

Does anybody have any other stories of funny LSAT test takers?

SmilingFish

• "Law is more an art than a science."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2012, 04:17:27 PM »
LOL, you guys are making me nervous!~