Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 66728 times)

Mickey Ward

• Sr. Citizen
  • A kid from Lowell rises to the bell...
    • View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »
I was self-confident slacker guy. Messy bedhead, jeans, ratty school hoodie with two pencils and some cinnamon roll poptarts in the pouch.

I left my cell phone and everything else at home.

Tru Gem

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2007, 05:07:34 PM »
I was the survival kit girl. I had a bottle of juice, some candy, chips, a sandwich, napkins, highlighters, pencils, and all the other required items.

Shark Week

• Sr. Citizen
  • officially a Michigan troll now
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2007, 04:37:36 PM »
I was Psychotic Amount Of Pencils Guy. I didn't bring much of a survival kit. Just an obscene amount of pencils.
Michigan '11

Lindbergh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2007, 02:45:24 PM »
If I had to categorize myself, I'd be "you should sit still girl". I had a lot of nervous energy the day of the test, shaking leg tapping and the like. Plus, I forgot my cash to get a snack and vending machines don't take debit cards. :(

At least I wasn't "drivers license expired guy". He more than 5 forms of ID but none of them had his picture and signature. His driver's license did but it expired days before the LSAT and the proctor tossed him out.

I never understood why people need valid drivers licenses for identification purposes. It's not like your face magically changes on the day of expiration.  If it's 5 years old, that's anoter matter, but a few weeks or months shouldn't matter.

Prog

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2007, 08:17:38 AM »
I was a mix between Survival kit guy and casual guy. I had a ziplock bag with about 8 pencils, a pencil sharpener, a new plastic eraser ( ) , a bottle of water, some kashi bars, and a couple of handkerchiefs. I also brought one of my prep books to warm up the mind a little. The casual bit, well, i went in jeans, a longsleeve pullover and a striped rugby shirt on top. Basically i dressed in a similar way as i had for every prep session and practice test.

I didnt have any particular "type" around me, thankfully, but a friend who took the prepcourse with me was sitting next to a woman who not only was taking the test on a whim, without having prepared, but also had halitosis. So you can imagine the hell that was unleashed everytime the woman exhaled in frustration.  :o ;D 

KD03

• Sr. Citizen
  • ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 19, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
I still don't understand why anyone would take the LSAT on a whim...

Prog

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2007, 10:14:24 AM »
Im guessing its either someone who has NO idea how challenging it is or someone who just thought "hey, ill just go ahead and take it without any prep, i can always take it again in feb.".

in both cases you can be sure that it's someone who'd be happy to get into *any* law school.

P. Pius

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »
I took the test in September at a community college.  After getting through about three or so sections, I found out there was some class being taught in the class next door to us.  To make it worse, the professor teaching the class loved talking loud and practically yelling to make his point...or whatever he was doing.  During break, one of the proctors went over and asked him to quiet down.  He did for a while, but started back up again pretty quickly.  When we started on the writing section, he played the Jeopardy theme song for a couple minutes.  Probably his attempt at humor...I'm just glad it wasn't during a "normal" section.

The one I took in December wasn't too bad.  Thankfully there were no classes being taught around us.
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

yulechka

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:16 PM »
I was many things...

1. Brooks Brothers Wife/Grungy - Skinny jeans with Max Mara heals, Chanel sunglasses, hair down, and a t-shirt with a wicked Caroline D. design.
2. Comic - god, i wish i shut the hell up. I was annoying myself. when im nervous I cant stop talking.

Otherwise, normal. Didnt make any noise, brought 5 pencils, eraser and a sharpener, 1 bottle of water, 1 granola bar. I did twirl my hair like an idiot, but i do that when im extremely stressed and forget where I am. Filthy habit :(

Seano

• What I'm Doing It For
    • View Profile
    • My Videos - To waste some time...
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2008, 04:27:39 PM »
I was old guy in the room.  I'm only 31, but the rest of these kids looked like babies!  One guy had his collar popped so high he looked like Dracula in a polo shirt.  Another kid's mom brought him and waited, but she was cool.  She was studying for an exam of her own.
Seton Hall University School of Law - Class of '11