Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 66927 times)

Red Bull Imperator

• Sr. Citizen
  • Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
I think I was an LSAT weirdo... lol... I took two redbulls (finished one in the test center min before the test), 2 chocolate bars with 70% cocoa, gum, kleenex, water, 2 preptests,and a ziploc bag with the following: timer, 7 pencils, a highlighter,and 2 erasers.

I also had a sweater that I took of btw the first and second sections.
Hehe.. not sure if I needed all that armory; but the redbull was surely helpful.

OMG. That was me. EXACTLY. Though I had 3 cans of redbull....
LSAC Report:      $12
LSAT:             $120
Getting accepted: Priceless

kenny32

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're sorry I'm sorry Everybody's sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »
sitting next to me was We Took a Practice Course Together Group. In between sections you could hear them giving each other litle pep talks, it was so annoying...

sitting in my vicinity was Different Colored Pencil For Each Section Girl, Red bulls guy, and I Only Brought One Pencil And It Broke Guy.

i also was Disgusted Look On My Face After Every Section dude.
Narrator: You had to give it to him: he had a plan. And it started to make sense, in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

Tyler Durden: Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

darlinalexi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Southwestern Class of 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2006, 12:12:08 PM »
Oh, I was a nut.

I took the test on Saturday (which I can't believe was only a week ago), and in the morning my prep at home looked like a Rocky training montage. I pulled my hair into a tight (but not so tight that it would hurt) pony tail so that I wouldn't play with my insanely curly hair during the test, and I packed a ziplock bag with the following:

- One 2 mg. Valium

- 2 200 mg. Caffeine Pills

- One trail mix/ granola bar

- One diet pepsi

- 2 mechanical pencils

- 3 manual pencils

- a pack of kleenex to put in my hoodie because I always get a runny nose when I am nervous and go into test rooms.

- my admissions ticket already perforated for tearing.

- my white erasure which saved my ass when i miss-bubbled during the games section

- 2 pieces of gum (one for after breakfast and one for after break)

- my license

Yes, it was a survival kit but I used almost everything in it.  In the morning, I took a valium about an hour before the test so that it would kick in and keep me relaxed through the test.  I had two diet pepsi's through the morning to just make sure that I was alert and the valium (which, yes, I have a perscription for). It was really nice because I had a friend that also had to be up early to test for her yoga instructor liscense so she picked me up and took me to a diner for a hearty breakfast (where I had juice instead of caffeine) and then I went into the test.  All morning, I was also wierd mediatation girl, and I kept fairly calm (I normally FREAK OUT on standardized tests), and I kept imagining that I was a buddist monk sitting under a plum tree and did breathing excercises... It wasn't like obnoxious, but my friend at breakfast was cracking up when she wanted to whine about her boyfriend and I was just like "i'm a monk sitting under a plum tree... oommm".

On my 3rd section (reasoning), I did get a little tired so i had one of the two caffeine pills and ate the granola bar in line in the restroom so that I didn't get jittery.  I think i perfectly balanced everything and feel like, while I may have looked awful to those around me, I was as calm as I could be under the circumstances.

kenny32

• Sr. Citizen
  • You're sorry I'm sorry Everybody's sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
wow. you sound wired just writing about it.  :)
Narrator: You had to give it to him: he had a plan. And it started to make sense, in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide.

Tyler Durden: Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

rdlnl11

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2006, 01:22:01 PM »
I had 4 pencils and my timer..

For breakfast I had oatmeal, an orange, and green tea (630)

I ate a banana w/ peanut butter about 15 minutes before the test.. during break I had almonds, a banana, and water..

I also dressed in layers and I dressed up for the "confidence factor"
I think I was somewhat of a distraction to some of the female test takers...

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2006, 02:24:08 AM »
It was blisteringly cold out when I wrote the LSAT this December (and my 20th birthday!). I was an accomodated student and had certain provisions with me to treat low and high blood sugar values; this included having juice and food, metres, water available while writing the test. The girl beside me seemed to have a problem with this, as she kept giving me disgusted looks out of the corner of her eye and doing the whoel "ugh..tsss...ugh" thing. I woulda smacked her if I could. Anyhoo, one of the procotrs gave me a knowing and reassuring smile that the girl beside me was an idiot and that I was in the right. Same hoebag chick was giving attitude to the proctors as to the definition of 'writing'. She was your typical artsy-fartsy, emo type (I'm a theatre [and politics} major, and even I can't stand those brooding types)
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2006, 11:31:11 AM »
I took my June LSAT at this very shabby community college in a really bad area of town where none of the rules were really enforced, hence some 50-year old female testtaker walked in before the exam yapping on her cell phone and no one (from amongst the proctors) cared. She had this huge canvas tote bag with what I'm assuming was her "survival kit" inside. Right before the test, she took out her entire 5-course lunch and began to consume it... which was weird as everyone else (myself included) was working up a sweat to "hide" our tiny packets of granola bars, etc..

The one person that stood out during that June test was "fashion show girl." She walked in wearing some designer dress and 4-inch platform sandals, sat at the seat farthest away from everyone and proceeded to give everyone a dirty look for actually daring to be in the same room as her... fun fun.

There was also "let's share tactics" guy who immediately before the exam (and before the proctors were there) tried to get LSAT tactics out of me... as if anything I could tell him in the 15 mins before the exam would make that dramatic of an impact on his score.

There is nothing like having construction in progress RIGHT NEXT door to you while you're taking your exam...

I took my September exam at another location, and this one had all rules enforced. I had one of those deluxe LSAC-approved (or whatever board approves the timers) timers yet was told I couldn't use it because it had a calculator function. This was news to me... but I didn't want to argue as I had other things to worry about like the LSAT for one. Has the timer thing happened to anyone?  :-\
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

TheCanadian

• Sr. Citizen
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2006, 05:12:27 PM »
no one even brought a timer to the LSAT I wrote.
Excuse me, I just noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to give you notice that I noticed you too.

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2007, 03:09:17 PM »
I liked "unable to figure out a fingerprint guy" and his friend "unable to write in script or put papers in the proper order" stoner friend.
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!

BirdMang

« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2007, 07:46:35 PM »
I liked "unable to figure out a fingerprint guy" and his friend "unable to write in script or put papers in the proper order" stoner friend.

haha, that was me!