Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?  (Read 67997 times)

Mr Shears

Re: Were you one of these LSAT test takers?
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2006, 09:36:11 AM »
I'm going to be a weird mutant hybrid of "survival kit guy" and "too cool to care guy".  I usually get really nervous the night before on the drive over, but once I get there I'm ready to pwn.

metzger

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2006, 11:44:58 AM »
  I wore khaki pants, a dress shirt, and a sweet tie. I was "J Crew" guy. I like to be well-dressed while I dominate standardized tests.  ;D     

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »
I was "survival kit girl."
I sat next to "life story girl" and behind "inappropriate sexual innuendo mom" (don't even ask.)

Now I have to ask. I have a feeling I'll be overly prepared girl.
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

Mr Shears

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »
I was sitting between paralyzed-with-fear-silent-timer-one-thousand-pencil girl and "Can you please move the clock so I can see it?" guy (he didn't have a watch). This was quite the contrast. I also had the privilege of taking the test with no-pencil guy, supremely baby-faced Brooks brothers guys 1 and 2, dresses-like-a-gangsta white boy, and of course, asks-one-hundred questions girl.
I was four pencils, two regular two mechanical and a watch girl. I brought snacks, pretzels and a kudos bar and of course water. (Because I'm one of those people who has to eat every two hours). However, the proctor was the dominatrix kind of proctor who can't mind her own business and won't let anyone eat or drink or sneeze during the test. I made the mistake of erasing something in my writing sample (I wanted to erase and then cross out for maximized effectiveness) and she came over and yelled at me! Why should she care if my writing sample is illegible?

What is the point of erasing if you're going to cross it out as well?  Isn't the point of erasing so your mistake disappears and you can re-write over it?

And I hate to tell you, but you were survival kit girl.  Fret not, for I will soon be in your ranks.  ;)

Messily

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2006, 01:47:01 PM »
I was totally Survival Kit Girl.  I had a tote bag, and inside it I had my things subdivided into ziplocs.  I had a really strict proctor who wouldn't even allow water, so I took one Advil before the test and another at the break, just to stave off any possible headaches.  I also had backup contacts, glasses, energy bars, candies, mints, eyedrops, tissues, iPod, six pencils, a pen, etc.

The weirdest person in my room was Crazy Old Cussing Lady.  She had to be at least 50, and was frantic the entire time.  She yelled out that she needed more time "to fill in these damn bubbles" during the instructions, and the proctor warned her to watch her language.  After the test, in the elevator down, she discovered that this was the last test to count for fall '06 admission, and yelled "Well, I'm F***ED" at the top of her lungs before storming off.  Yikes.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2006, 02:05:20 PM »
I was the guy who got up to hit the head three times.  I had ten sharpened dixon-ticonderogas, a dozen pieces of nicorette, and two designer whey bars.

Mr Shears

« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »
I'm probably just paranoid.

No argument here.

andydrew

• Just a Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2006, 12:27:59 AM »
I was the "antisocial" guy.  I stayed as far away from any and every yaking taker there was at half-time!  I don't want to get thrown off by their comments. 

I am a retaker (took another LSAT Feb 2005 and was told by the dominitrix proctor that everything must be left at the back of the room and everybody has to empty our pockets or we would be reported to the misconduct suncommittee).  So this time, I only had 1 slightly dull pencil, 2 mechanical pencils as backup and an eraser.
Feb. 06 LSAT - University of Cincinnati Center

SCgrad

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2006, 11:23:46 PM »
I was "survival kit girl."
I sat next to "life story girl" and behind "inappropriate sexual innuendo mom" (don't even ask.)
The best was the guy in front of me- we had a gnarly games section, and I guess he was hoping it was the experimental. Well, when it came time for the last section of the test, he opened it up, looked down and said "Ah, F*** it." and promptly walked out. I just thought "Oh man- I know how you feel."

But I want to know!

ImNobody

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
hahaha sorry I forgot about this post.
Sexual innuendo mom actually talked to her scantron before the test began. Or, more appropriately, came on to her scantron- "c'mon lil baby, you like it like that, yeah? LSAT, I'm goin' make you sweat..." Pep talk, maybe?
This, to her credit, I think was more of an attention-getting mechanism after talking to the (middle-aged) guy next to her about what happened in the hotel bar last night. So, the scantron, probably a joke: the stories about the hotel bar and the "I'll be staying one more night...I need to work off some tension" comments, well....We'll leave that up to your judgement.

I really didn't know what to do with this.