Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Full time or Part time???!!  (Read 342 times)

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
Full time or Part time???!!
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:23:39 PM »
I heard that I have a better chance of applying for part time to schools. Can I do both, that is, if I don't get into one, hopefully have a chance to get into the other?? Can I just write and addendum asking for them to consider me part time if I don't get in full time?? I would rather go full time, but as I have heard it may be better to just try part time. I don't want to take a chance and apply only for part time, when I could have gotten in for full time, I just wouldn't have a chance to know. What can I do?? Thanks!
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Lucky77

Re: Full time or Part time???!!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:49 PM »
i think Georgetown limits it so you can only apply to one or the other.. don't know about anywhere else.

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »
Most schools I've seen require you to apply to one or the other. You'd need to check with the school.

I've heard stories about people being offered a chance at part time after being wait-listed for full, but I have no idea of the truth of those.

Many schools will also allow you to switch to the full-time program if you are part-time for a year.

Personally, I'm only going to apply full-time, because I have no illusions about my ability to not burn out if I'm working at the same time. I learned from my grad school stint.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

Gatank

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
Stetson will let you do both.  Most make you choose one, I think.  It really depends on where you are planning to apply.

jeb240

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 07:56:27 PM »
Also, bear in mind that some state getting into PT does not mean that you will have the choice of switching to FT later down the road (probably anticipating many people trying to use PT as a backdoor into FT).

mcleod13

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »
I know Stetson allow you to apply to both but you have to pay both app fees. UALR will allow you to apply to both with no fee.