Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Eraser Problems  (Read 2145 times)

inthesun

Eraser Problems
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:25:47 PM »
I took the June 14 LSAT and I am confident I did really well.  The problem is, I purchased some really crappy pencils at the drugstore the day before the test. During the test, when I tried to make erasures with these pencils, they left smears all over the scantron.  I am beginning to worry that the scoring machine will pick up the wrong lead marks and report the wrong score.  Has anyone ever heard of this happening?  I looked at the LSAC website and they said that handscoring is an option, but you must provide an explanation as to why you think it is necessary in your situation.  Is the LSAC strict when it comes to granting the opportunity to handscore?

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Re: Eraser Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 08:59:47 PM »
They become less strict the more money you throw at them.  Sounds like I am a smart ass, but they will probably just charge you for a handscore, and if it's simply an eraser problem, they will do it.  Just get out your checkbook and make sure you smear a lot of ink all over the check. 

And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 10:55:46 PM »
If they ask, just tell them the truth.  Your erasers were not of very high quality, and the lead smeared quite a bit, but your answer choices were still very discernable.  If you pay their fee, they'll look it over.

And let this be a lesson learned for everyone. When taking a test as important as the lsat, spend the extra $2 on quality pencils, or at the very least, a decent eraser.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 03:49:51 AM »
For those of you who took the LSAT before June (and thus already have answer sheets and all that back, so I guess not including Feb either, since it's undisclosed), do you get all the questions and all of your answers, and all of the correct answers?  So assuming you remember what answer you put three weeks earlier, you could check your answers against the correct answers and get an idea of whether eraser (or other) problems were a factor?  That might be an option for you, InTheSun, if you don't want to shell out the $30 or so unnecessarily.  Unless there's a deadline for requesting handscoring.  But I didn't think the deadline was before scores are released.  Check out LSAC (e-mail them if you need to; they're usually very responsive) if you're interested in that option...
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:47:44 PM »
may be you should buy your pharmacuticals from Jay&Bob outside the circleK like me, can't loose homes. Snoogens.