• MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Re: Schools you wish had law schools
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 04:25:47 PM »
How about University of Pheonix online...LOL..
Seriously thought, I would like to see princeton, RICE, and the Naval Academy or West Point.
I'm being serious.  I think there's a place for an online accredited legal education.  Namely for people who find it very difficult to pack up and move to another city in order to work 90 hours per week in a part-time program.  I would see it being a four, four and a half year program, year round, with more stringent requirements on attending "class sessions" than I've heard exist at some universities.

CaptainAce

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 05:12:33 PM »
yes, i agree. UW-Milwaukee! watch us in the tourny again this year.

Go Blue

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 05:16:25 PM »
Another vote for Princeton and Brown.

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 05:24:21 PM »
California Culinary Academy.  They make bananas foster there.  It would be a good place to have a law school.  Good eats!

Lucky77

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 11:09:27 PM »
Yeah. who picked that school in the original post? This guy. I would go there in a heartbeat.

Lucky77

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 11:26:49 PM »
I also wish San Diego was a bigger legal community. But maybe thats why the city is so awesome to begin with? lol

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 11:33:56 PM »
I wish their was a tier one online law school. Id love sitting in my underwear all day.

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 12:39:37 AM »
How about giving a second law school to Harvard. Does that count?

SCgrad

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 12:59:10 AM »
MIT & Caltech. They would prolly have great IP programs.

Princeton would own all, though. It would probably debut tied for third on USNews. :D

I saw this website that was talking about the unreliability of rankings, and they said in a poll of academics, PLS (Princeton) was voted the 16th best law school in the country.  I feel sorry for the 200 law schools that got beat by an imaginary one.
(I don't know if this is true, but it sounds like it could be.  I don't remember the site)

PresClay_00

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 03:53:37 AM »
MIT & Caltech. They would prolly have great IP programs.

Princeton would own all, though. It would probably debut tied for third on USNews. :D

I saw this website that was talking about the unreliability of rankings, and they said in a poll of academics, PLS (Princeton) was voted the 16th best law school in the country.  I feel sorry for the 200 law schools that got beat by an imaginary one.
(I don't know if this is true, but it sounds like it could be.  I don't remember the site)

Deloggio, loved and hated, mentions that in discussing the halo effect