Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Feb 8th LSAT  (Read 2152 times)

Pun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Feb 8th LSAT
« on: February 08, 2003, 07:26:49 AM »
Ez guys, I just wrote the Feb 8, LSAT.

I had the RC section for my experimental. I talk to several testakers and found out which one was the experimental.

The experimental RC section included a science passage about brain physiology and temporal relationship. There was alot of Jargon but the passage was easy. In the context of the passage "temporal relationship meant" timed intervals. I think discerning that was the key. There was a law passage on an organiztion called CITES. It was managable; however, the last few questions were tough. I can't recall the other two passages.

The Games section:

THe first game was easy. It involved assigining side effects to 4 drugs w,x,y,z. THe side effects were f,p,s,h. The game was easy because of the clue limiting that F&P can never go together. Infact, the only possible side effect that W had in common with X was H.

Game 2 was easy but tricky. The best setup was a two tiered diagram using rows assigned to named roller coasters and row two was to decide if the coaster was wooden or steel. This game also involved ordering. The key to this game was to figure out the location of H. After H exactly two steel roller coasters followed it. There were 7 roller coasters so it best to use a number diagram 1 through seven. 1 = a Steel roller coaster, you could deduce that 6= a steel roller coaster and 7 = a wooden roller coaster. 6 = a steel roller coaster because no two consecutive roller coasters could be wooden. P= 2.

Game 3 was easy if your good at conditional statements. THey were fairly straight forward. Mostly if then statements. It invlvoed assigning a doctor to a 7 story building. Can't recall the detials. I'll write more later my head is pounding.

tee_are

• View Profile
Re: Feb 8th LSAT
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2003, 08:50:30 AM »
I just took it too; but I had 2 Games sections--1st and 3rd.  Thank goodness the latter was scored, as you report.  The first one was brutal!  My second Games section had the roller-coasters, Dr.'s floors, and drugs.  For the life of me, I can't remember the 4th one....

Phew.  Thanks for your post.  I feel a lot better.

Best of luck!

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 10:46:52 AM »
I just took it at UCSB (Santa Barbara, CA).  There were 3 LR sections (1-3-5, I think), and I just blew right through the first.  The other two seemed to be of equal difficulty (not considering the fatigue factor). With my luck, the 1st was probably the experimental. :P

Anyone else?
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

tee_are

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2003, 10:56:44 AM »
3 LR's?  What was you Games/Reasoning breakdown?  My understanding is that 2 Reasoning, 1 Reading, and one Games is standard.  Anything else is experimental.  

Thanks!

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 11:52:02 AM »
Yeah, one of the LR sections was experimental on my LSAT.  I'm just trying to figure out which one.  Since the first seemed so much easier than the other two, I'm figuring it's that one.  Wah.  :'(

tee_are

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 12:02:14 PM »
Apparently the 1 games section that counted was the one with the roller coasters, Dr.'s rounds and drugs/side effects.  Does this help?

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 01:04:47 PM »
Not for my inquiry.  I only had one games section.  It was the one with the coaster/doctor/drug problems.  So all we can determine so far is that this is the graded one out of the two games sections your test had.

Pun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 07:07:43 AM »
We all agree that the Roller coaster, drugs, and the Dr and floors was the scored games section.

I also know that the reading comp with an immunology (science) passage, Economics passage about some bangledesh banking company and a law passage about some Housing act is the score reading comprhension section.

Hope that helps.

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 12:35:31 PM »
I concur with your assessments on the games and reading comprehension sections.  It looks like for those of us that had an experimental logical reasoning (LR) section, it's a bit tougher to figure out which two were graded.

I can't remember any single argument/question from any individual LR section; so I can't match any of my LR sections with any described by those individuals who only had 2 LR sections.  What I do remember is that the LR sections were 1-3-5, and that the first seemed much much easier than the last two (even considering the fatigue factor).  The last two LRs seemed to both be of equivalent difficulty, at what I would describe as between moderate and high.

If ya'll had only two LR sections, do you remember if one of them seemed much easier than the other?  All other things being equal, this might suggest that my easy LR section was one of the graded ones, which would be pretty cool. ;)

Pun

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 04:56:10 AM »
at this point I don't really care to dwell on the test; however, for some of you anxious test takers I don't mind helping out.  I had the LR section 2 and 4. Anyhow, I can't recall which questions belonged to what section (Ie 2 or 4); Neverthless I managed to remember a few questions.

I believe there was a strengthing question towards the end of the section (#19 I think)....The argument was about breaking the world record for swimming. Basically you had to strenghten the author conclusion: the swimmer will break the world record in his/her next tournament

another question was a weaken question regarding a blood test that diagnose some disorder. The conclusion of the argument was that docotrs recommend that eveyone should undergo this treament. Again you were to weaken this recommendation.

I also recall two principle question. One question stated that dogs were anecestors of wolves. The wustion further stated that wolves were more inteligent but nonethless dogs had more evolutionary success compared to wolves.

Another question was a principle question regarding the plasma protein Albumin. You had to find a principle that justifed the advantages of using Albumin against blood plasma.

Sorry I ca'nt recall too many other args. Good Luck.