Law School Discussion

Oct Test takers: Your advice to Dec test takers

Oct Test takers: Your advice to Dec test takers
« on: October 03, 2005, 02:24:18 PM »
What advice would you give to us Dec test takers? My weakpoint is the LG section and after hearing what you guys have to say about the Oct LG section i am thinking that the LSAC guys in PA may throw in a few weird games in Dec. Anyways. Do you recommend working on the RC section? Any other advice will be appreciated...Thanks

Re: Oct Test takers: Your advice to Dec test takers
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 04:04:14 PM »
Work at your own pace, and study carefully, not massive questions.  DO as many preptests as u can, BUT focus on what you miss and correct them. Doing 40 tests wont help u if u dont see what u get wrong, doing 20 and analyzing it is much better.  Try to get all of your studying done and out by the last week, and just chill/review for the rest of the time before.

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 04:29:46 PM »
Work at your own pace, and study carefully, not massive questions.  DO as many preptests as u can, BUT focus on what you miss and correct them. Doing 40 tests wont help u if u dont see what u get wrong, doing 20 and analyzing it is much better.  Try to get all of your studying done and out by the last week, and just chill/review for the rest of the time before.

Take the day off beforehand.  I recommend gingko and ginseng.

Karl Pilkington

• Only Ricky and Steve know my secret identity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 06:21:01 PM »
What advice would you give to us Dec test takers? My weakpoint is the LG section and after hearing what you guys have to say about the Oct LG section i am thinking that the LSAC guys in PA may throw in a few weird games in Dec. Anyways. Do you recommend working on the RC section? Any other advice will be appreciated...Thanks

My  weakpoint was also Logic Games - I never could finish on time, and would have to guess on the last 4-5 questions. Since I was averaging about 5 wrong on the other 3 sections combined, I spent the entire last week doing every LG section I could get my hands on. It sucked, but I eventually got my time down. On the Thursday before the LSAT, I took my final preptest and only missed one on the LG, and finished 3 minutes early. That was a huge confidence boost (since it gave me my highest preptest score - 174). On the day of the test, all the games clicked for me, and I finished with 9 minutes to spare. I double checked all my answers, and corrected one mistake. I'm fairly confident I missed 0-1 on the LG. I'm also pretty confident about LR, but we'll see about RC - I may have screwed up the African American Ministers passage.

BTW, I did self-prep, read the Logic Games Bible, and took about 15 preptests (excluding the extra LG sections) Good luck!

ceb

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:48:30 PM »

I started out getting half right on logic games and HATING them... after The LG Bible and lots of practice LG it became my best section- 1 wrong at the most. 

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 08:58:05 PM »
yep,I started with maybe getting half the questions right. For all my prep tests (I canceled last dec, had done all of them, went thru them again twomonths before oct.) the most I've missed was two. I went thru the LG bible three times. (twice last yr for the dec. test, and again this yr prior to the two months prep.. for boosting up/reviewing things)

Do an hour game drill every day. If you even miss a question in a game,do them over and over until you can recite the rules and inferences in the game.

I personally re did the games (or any other questions I've missed in other sections) twice: 2 days after the exam, and a week after the exam.

Go Blue

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 09:00:43 PM »
Great thread!

Were there any pattern games on the exam?

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 09:06:09 PM »

Thanks a lot. Does giving yourself a lot of preptests help in anyway? Does it really improve your timing? How many preptests do you recommend?

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 09:07:42 PM »
yep,I started with maybe getting half the questions right. For all my prep tests (I canceled last dec, had done all of them, went thru them again twomonths before oct.) the most I've missed was two. I went thru the LG bible three times. (twice last yr for the dec. test, and again this yr prior to the two months prep.. for boosting up/reviewing things)

Do an hour game drill every day. If you even miss a question in a game,do them over and over until you can recite the rules and inferences in the game.

I personally re did the games (or any other questions I've missed in other sections) twice: 2 days after the exam, and a week after the exam.

I have a hard time setting up the grouping games. Most of the time i am confused as to which variable to use as the base variable. Any advice on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 09:13:27 PM »

I have a hard time setting up the grouping games. Most of the time i am confused as to which variable to use as the base variable. Any advice on that would be appreciated. Thanks.

You mean the ones with In/out, On sale/Not on sale, with a lot of conditional rules?

Those weremy weakest points too! I think I grouped them all together and did them like 5~10 times over and over again.