Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: February LSAT?  (Read 931 times)

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
February LSAT?
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:08:31 PM »
Is anyone here applying for the fall 2007 entering class and taking the February LSAT? I'm planning to enroll in a class in December and January and take the test in February. I'm not applying to schools until next year for the fall of 2007. I know that most people wait until June, but the February test fits best into my work schedule. Does anyone have any advice about the pros and cons of February over June? Is the curve easier in one test over the other? Do law schools look negatively at the February test?
Georgetown

jdw112

Re: February LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 03:11:58 PM »
February is pretty decent because you could always retake in June if your results suck. You will still be way ahead of the game.

I think that the February exam is also a good choice because I think LSAC initially institutes changes for the June sitting (Unless the changes are to your strenths, then June would be the better choice. It is also possible that changes are not announced until after Feb, making this argument irrelevant). I have not gone through history to verify this. The new writing prompt made its debut in June 05. 

February sucks because the exam is undisclosed.

browneyedgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 04:16:28 PM »
I'm also applying for the fall 2007 entering class and seriously considering taking the February LSAT.  I had prepared for the October exam in the summer, but I decided that I just wasn't ready.  I don't think that law schools care if you would take it in February or June...all that matters is your score really.  The main advantage to taking it Febraury is that if you do well, then you're done really early and can put it behind you.  And even if you don't do well, you have plenty of time to prepare for the June exam.  My personal hesitation for the February exam is that I'm not sure if I will have a lot of time to prepare with school and all, but if you can then I would recommend it. 

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 05:52:43 PM »
One disadvantage of Feb is that it's an undisclosed test. This means you get very little feedback. So it's great if you do well. But if you don't and would like to know more as you plan to re-test, you are out of luck. Many LSDers have expressed frustration about the limited feedback you get for the Feb test. Most who take the Feb test and donít do well swear NEVER to take a Feb LSAT again.

Of course, none of this matters if you do well and donít have to look back.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 03:57:25 PM »
Why is February undisclosed? Do they re-use the questions on future tests? Or could I expect some old questions to be used on the February LSAT?
Georgetown

dunson

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 04:05:10 PM »
you guys are way behind.  i'm applying for 07 and just took october.  now i'm working on my statement.

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 04:26:55 PM »
oh yeah? I'm applying for fall 2010, my score will expire just after I have my apps in. Take that!
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

ellenbee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 07:48:30 PM »
I was originally going to take the Oct. test, but postponed it until Feb. I've heard that the Feb. test is the "weird" test, although I think this has more to do with the fact that it is undisclosed. It can't be that bad.

Or can it?
"Law school is like groundhog day. Every day is the same, you see the same people in the same places doing the same stuff every damn day. You get no feedback and basically pay 40K a year to teach yourself law and get harassed by professors. What a racket." - RonSantoRules

sherm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 07:51:49 PM »
I'm planning to enroll in a class in December and January and take the test in February.

If you can, take a class geared for the December exam, then practice on former tests during December and January.

the scientist

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 11:06:50 PM »
One disadvantage of Feb is that it's an undisclosed test. This means you get very little feedback. So it's great if you do well. But if you don't and would like to know more as you plan to re-test, you are out of luck. Many LSDers have expressed frustration about the limited feedback you get for the Feb test. Most who take the Feb test and donít do well swear NEVER to take a Feb LSAT again.

Of course, none of this matters if you do well and donít have to look back.

you just scared me to death  :(