Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vandy Merit Forms  (Read 231 times)

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
Vandy Merit Forms
« on: October 02, 2005, 01:00:34 PM »
Has anyone applied to Vanderbilt yet?  If so, are the supplementary forms for general merit scholarship forms, or are they some kind of specific scholarship.  I haven't been able to find info about them on their website.  I figure they're general, but if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it.  Also, if you did answer the questions, how long were your answers?  It appears they want about a paragraph, but who knows.

thx

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

jeb240

Re: Vandy Merit Forms
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 05:01:03 PM »
Verb, it seems that all of their merit scholarships are umbrella'd under the one application which is just the supplemental forms.  I did it already -- figured best to get it over with.  And even if I don't get any scholarships, maybe they'll get that I'd really like to go there since that part of the app isn't even due until January and they'll let me in (maybe? :)).

As far as length, mine were each about a paragraph to two, but each response, whether it was one paragraph or two or three as was the case for one question, I cut down or mushed together to fit into the space on the application form, since they don't actually indicate any suggested lengths, you know?

What are you going to put for the "What if you couldn't be a lawyer?" question?  I put that I would still get my law degree and then get my MBA and then open up an organic bakery in Vermont that tries to exclusively use products from local farmers that, during the summer, turns into an intensive academic summer camp for disadvantaged youths that would perhaps be affiliated with Middlebury.

I fear they might not like the reference to another university, but that is something I'd really like doing -- and it references things I'd said in response to other questions in the application.

verbal213

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 12:50:30 AM »
Thanks man.  I most concerned about the where do you see yourself in 10 years question, because I have no earthly idea.    :)  I don't think that rolling around on a pile of cash that my law degree has earned me is the answer they're looking for.

verb
<a href="http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=verbal213> LSN [/url]

Meatwad make the money, see.  Meatwad get the honeys, G.  Driving in my car, living like a star, ice on my fingers and my toes and on my Taurus.

jeb240

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:39:34 AM »
The question was specifically ten years after graduating, right?  Not just 10 years from now.

So I said 2019 was a long way away, and I'd probably be too busy running for my life from the robots to care about anything else.  A JD won't stop the laser blasts from hurting.

Actually, no, that's when I first referenced the disadvantaged youth academic program that, in the later question, I moved to Vermont, sandwiched between the organic bakery and Middlebury.