Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What are my chances?  (Read 872 times)

cmedici

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - camila_de_medici
    • AOL Instant Messenger - c+of+dreams13
    • View Profile
    • Email
What are my chances?
« on: October 02, 2005, 12:45:12 AM »
Hey everyone!  I just took the LSAT yesterday (Oct 1st), so I am not sure how well I did.  My scores varied widely, but on average was 165 for my diagnostics.  I am a latina woman, with a 3.1 GPA from the University of Maryland, CP.  My cumm is so low first because the LSAC rounded it down froma 3.3, and second because of my freshman year grades (which were a 1.2).  I have good reasons too, which I explained in my application (death in the family, sept 11th, clinical depression).  I also have tons of community service, mostly helping poor communities in Latin America.  I only had 1 internship at the Maryland General Assembly, and I have excellent letters of recommendation from the delegate I worked for, a renowned professor (who is also a Lawyer) and an employer of 9 years (babysitting).  I also speak 5 languages, was not born in the US (moved here at age 13) and therefore English is not my first nor my best language.  I have only applied to NYC and Long Island Schools, although I am from MD.  The top ones were Columbia and NYU, but I applied to ten schools total, which included St Johns, Yeshiva, Hofstra, Pace, Fordham and even Queens College (CUNY).  Does anyone know what my chances are of getting into any of these schools given that I get at least a 155 (I am hoping I broke the 160 or even 165 mark but lets be on the down side of the spectrum)?

Thank you, and I am sorry for the long post.
UMD graduate 05
1st LSAT: Oct 1st 2005