Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How was your test center?  (Read 2324 times)

BearGirl

Re: How was your test center?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2005, 06:22:06 PM »
Lets just say that in the middle on one of the sections, suddenly I heard a massive group of people belting out the tune to the chicken dance.  Yes, the mf-ing CHICKEN DANCE.  After hearing this multiple times directly outside my window, somebody went out and yelled at them. I lost about 5 minutes in that section.  But then I had the tune to the chicken dance in my head.  Man, was I pissed.

PLus, the proctor kept giving the five minute warning when there was 5:59 seconds to go ( I didn't understand what was happening with that until the third section).  Which is really, really prematurely destressing.

man! thats terrible. i mean to have that song in your mind while your trying to do the real thing!

I know...Out of all songs, the Chicken Dance song!!   It was like a sick nightmare.   

matts720

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2005, 06:29:06 PM »
For the strangest reason ever, I swear I had Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album running through my head the entire test..no lie whatsoever.
Villanova 1L Class of 2009. Invading the Main Line in August.

Scunning

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2005, 06:57:41 PM »
I took it at Brooklyn College. The test materials hadn't arrived and we all sat around until they did. Didn't actually start the test until 11.00 am. It sucked. Proctors seemed pretty clueless about procedures and everyone was pissed off about the long wait. Oh, and pretty hungry by the end of it too.

lightessenz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »
For the strangest reason ever, I swear I had Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album running through my head the entire test..no lie whatsoever.

Did it match up with the test?;)

supergirluw

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 01:43:30 AM »
University of Washington, awful awful awful experience. 370 students, 4 lecture halls. Tiny desks not even large enough for a folded over test book, let alone both it and your answer sheet. Proctors were mean, yelled everytime you had a question, accustory, threatened to write everyone up everytime one person's alarm went off. 5 women's bathroom stalls for everyone during the break (luckily, i was literally the first to get there out of *everyone*) so the break went almost 25 minutes.

Proctors also couldn't count. I'm worried about my test being lost now.

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 11:01:27 AM »
I took it at Umass Boston.  Desks were fine - only wine enough for an open test booklet, so you had to either fold it over or keep your answer sheet underneath, but that's better than what a lot of people get.  Room temperature was fine, I'd guess 68 or 69.  Our proctor was pretty OK - she didn't seem to understand how important this was to some people, but considering the stupid questions she got from people, I don't blame her.  Anyway, she timed us right and kept quiet.  What more can you ask for?
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 02:27:09 PM »
nc state, perfect, 20 people in the room, lots of space, good temperature, great light, very quiet and comfortable, proctors were patrolling for cheaters but whatever. one girl sneezed twice, didnt phase me.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

r.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2005, 02:27:58 PM »
Took it at Brooklyn College-

I sh*t you not - we started approx 2 hrs late - so our first section began at 11:35 - anyway our proctors were horrible - the least efficient bunch of ppl that I have ever met.
Anyway the proctor is reading out the instructions and he says that we would start section 1 at 11:35 - unfortunately it was already 11:35 as he was saying this so a bunch of ppl said "but its time" -
so instead of readjusting the time like a normal person would - he just stopped his spiel mid sentence and said to the auditorium "ok go!" needless to say - we were all flustered and I was in total amazement that these ppl were even allowed to handle such an impt test.

It's a shame some proctors don't understand the importance of this thing. Puts some groups at a light disadvantage.
Byron's Don Juan:  Booker T. Washington Elementary School
Milton's Paradise Lost: Middle School