Law School Discussion

« on: September 30, 2005, 12:17:17 PM »

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
Re: Oh darn, the test is tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 12:20:52 PM »
Ok, so I've only taken three practice tests, and they weren't actual LSAT's, only the Princeton Review practice tests which aren't real questions. Are those worth anything? I got a 160, 159, and 162. I also had a very vivid dream where I took two whole LSATs (a very boring dream) so I guess I'll count those too. I'm at 5.

Everyone on here has like 50 practice tests, 4 hours a day for the past 8 years, insane numbers like that. Am I screwed? I'm generally much better on game day than in practice, with the one exception of the SAT.

Any encouraging words would be appreciated.

You'll do fine, but if you want to give yourself a great shot at 165+, I'd actually study for two months and take in December.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:45:37 PM »
Only you're going to be able to determine whether you should take it. But don't let LSDers' study habits intimidate you. This is NOT a representative population of LSAT takers. By reading this, you'd assume that to prepare for the LSAT, you must suspend all work, school and family obligations for a year. But of course, that's not realistic for most people.

Law_Woman

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:54:11 PM »
I am still having trouble with the diagramming questions. Will it hurt my score if I don't answer the ones I don't know?

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 12:56:56 PM »
Ok, so I've only taken three practice tests, and they weren't actual LSAT's, only the Princeton Review practice tests which aren't real questions. Are those worth anything? I got a 160, 159, and 162. I also had a very vivid dream where I took two whole LSATs (a very boring dream) so I guess I'll count those too. I'm at 5.

Everyone on here has like 50 practice tests, 4 hours a day for the past 8 years, insane numbers like that. Am I screwed? I'm generally much better on game day than in practice, with the one exception of the SAT.

I guess the real question is what you scored on the tests from your dreams. If you did well in those you should definitely take it tommorow.

Re: Oh crap, the test is tomorrow?
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 01:36:55 PM »

Just don't expect a miracle to happen because it's the "real thing."  That said, good luck!

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 03:01:04 PM »
I am still having trouble with the diagramming questions. Will it hurt my score if I don't answer the ones I don't know?
I am in the same boat as you, I have no grasp on sufficient and necessary conditioning problems, so obviously I am not taking the test tomorrow. Why sit for a test where you don't have a grasp on one of the most tested parts, if not the most tested part! If I were you there is no way I'd take it tomorrow and just skip certain problems, this isn't your freshman history, this is the LSAT, lol.