Law School Discussion



  • **
  • 10
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« on: September 04, 2002, 10:37:53 AM »
I graduated from UCLA a year ago.  I never really got to know any of my professors.  I hardly spoke in class and I never went to office hours.  I don't know any of my TAs either.  How do I get an academic LOR?  Should I just ask a professor in a class I aced?  I need at least one academic rec. for my application to be complete.  Please, any advice would be helpful.  I have been trying to contact professors, but school is not yet in session, and there is no way to reach them.  I want to apply this fall.

Jennifer C

  • **
  • 8
  • You want me to do WHAT?...for how much?...... Sure
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 10:23:04 AM »
Unfortunately this is probably a bit too late, but it may help others with the same ordeal.

Definitely choose a class in which you did well, but don't choose it solely on that basis. Probably a professor from the department in which you majored, department head would be a good idea as well as long as he/she is someone with whom you've had at least one class. As for how to get ahold of a prof, I'd call student services (the people who do registration and the like, it's called student services at my U) and ask for email, office phone numbers and the like. Youi might try the school's web directory as well.