Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is WORSE Pre-LSAT week even possible?  (Read 4624 times)

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Is WORSE Pre-LSAT week even possible?
« on: September 28, 2005, 07:13:14 PM »
So, I've been studying and getting ready to take this Sat's LSAT and on Monday... I GOT SICK!!!  I came down with fever, running nose, headache and all the usual stuff that comes with the cold.  Yesterday was AWFUL, it's better today and I'm hoping it gets even better for Saturday.  But this is just so bad, I was going to study this week and now I'm sick so can't do much studying.

SkullTatt

Re: Is WORSE Pre-LSAT week even possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 07:35:47 PM »
Maybe it will go away by Saturday.

I have had a girl at work coughing on me for three days now. She doesn't want to take sick time because she is new. I think I see the punchline coming, 9AM Saturday morning...

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 05:57:34 PM »
I had the same thing happen to me. Got sick exactly a week before. Yet I continued my "prep test a day" routine. (Now that I think back,I should have rested more).

My practice scores were around 171~176 before the sickness. During the week that I was sick, it started declining like hell. 169 169 168 168 164 167

Almost killed me, seriously considered delaying the test. plus I was so jittery the night before, went to bed at 9 pm, couldn't fall asleep till 2 am, and slept like hell for 3~4 hours.

But on the day of the test, thanks to adrenaline, I pushed through it. and I actually felt good about the test(don't know if that's necessarily a good thing).

I am just glad it's over! (at least it seems like it)

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 08:32:23 PM »
I was extremely sick the night before and during the test.  Oh well, I'm not cancelling the score, cuz I dont' think I'd be able to handle that kind of stress again.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 09:48:11 PM »
they almost started the test without me on sat cause of how long i was in the bathroom, yikes.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Steve Butabi

• Sr. Citizen
  • and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 09:37:22 AM »
well lets see if you can top this, my mom got a DUI and I had to take work off to drive her ass around all week, plus I had to pick her up from jail at 3:00am 3 days before the test, monday night I had food poisoning, and my power went out the morning of the test, thank god I set my cellphone alarm.
pm me if you're a hottie and you want to make out or whatever

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 08:28:06 AM »
So, I've been studying and getting ready to take this Sat's LSAT and on Monday... I GOT SICK!!!  I came down with fever, running nose, headache and all the usual stuff that comes with the cold.  Yesterday was AWFUL, it's better today and I'm hoping it gets even better for Saturday.  But this is just so bad, I was going to study this week and now I'm sick so can't do much studying.

My dad had a large brain tumor removed 2 days prior to the exam and was still in the hospital when I went, and my girlfriend of 3 years (sensitive person she was) broke up with me the night before the exam.

Hello 154.

Elle Esdee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 08:30:52 AM »

My dad had a large brain tumor removed 2 days prior to the exam and was still in the hospital when I went, and my girlfriend of 3 years (sensitive person she was) broke up with me the night before the exam.

Hello 154.
What kind of person would spring that crap on you the night before something as important as the LSAT? Wow, that is so horrible. :(

140am

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »

Hello 154.
What kind of person would spring that crap on you the night before something as important as the LSAT? Wow, that is so horrible. :(

A not very nice type of person, let's just say that much.

Anyhow, the good news is she's gone and I re-took the test and I really feel like I did pretty well!

PS, good luck to everyone!

tonithetiger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:55:40 PM »
I'd been scoring 165-171 on LSAT tests.  A few days before my LSATs, I panned to take an LSAT every day at 8AM for three days, and relax for one whole day before the actual test.  On the second day of testing, I go outside for the first time in who-knows-how-long with my boyfriend to check my mail.  He says, "Hey babe, where'd you put your ride?"

I stare at a blank spot in the apartment garage for a full 30 seconds before realizing my motorcycle is gone.. and I didn't move it.  Panic ensues, and I spend the next full two days on the phone with police, insurance, theft protection, my dealership, local businesses (like the car wash down the street), my lender, and my bank.
On the third day, I say fck it... a motorcycle's a small price for peace of mind before the LSATs.  Resume original schedule, rest only one day, and I end up with a 159. 

I tore up every piece of destructible material in my house.
Scholarship: U San Diego, Loyola LA
Waitlisted: UC Davis, Notre Dame, Fordham, USC
Final Plans: UC Davis! <3 Aggies!