Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is WORSE Pre-LSAT week even possible?  (Read 4574 times)

redemption

Re: Is WORSE Pre-LSAT week even possible?
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »
Ouch. Sorry.

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 06:24:10 PM »
A close friend of mine was arrested about three days before the LSAT because of an unpaid speeding ticket.  Apparently, his license was suspended and he wasn't even aware of it.  Because his license was suspended, it was confiscated.  He was under considerable stress, so it did not occur to him that he didn't really have valid ID until the day before the test.  He purchased a nice ballpoint pen, signed his student ID, and the test center let him in.  The whole experience, combined with preparing with his idiot roommate, resulted in a 155 score.  But alas, all worked out as he was accepted to his number one choice which is a borderline top 50 school.
Attending:  Florida
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor
Waitlist:  UNC
Rejected:  Berkeley, Georgetown, George Mason, Duke

deathdrive83

• God damn the sun
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 04:09:47 PM »

My dad had a large brain tumor removed 2 days prior to the exam and was still in the hospital when I went, and my girlfriend of 3 years (sensitive person she was) broke up with me the night before the exam.

Hello 154.

Mine wasn't quite that bad. My girlfriend got angry at me and had some sort of emotional breakdown that led to her smashing all of her drinking glasses in the street. She then tried to attack my car with  the bottle of whiskey that she had been drinking. She managed to dent up most of one side before smashing out a window. That cut up her wrist and sliced an artery. I got to call 911, while trying to stop the blood from spraying out of her wound.

I spent most of the weekend taking care of her, but still got in the kind of studying I wanted, if not more practice exams. I'm just glad that she didn't die.