Law School Discussion

The LSAT is making me physically ill...

BearGirl

Re: The LSAT is making me physically ill...
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 03:41:36 PM »
Wow, thank you.  I know it's mostly about self-confidence.  Everytime I get above 160 on a practice test, I am only happy for a second before I think about all of the 150 somethings that I've gotten.  I do need to be more positive, and think less about the pressure.  Easier said than done, eh?  I'll definitely try to stay positive.

thescreed

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 03:44:20 PM »
Let's not forget bourbon and Coke. It works for me!!

healthlaw

• OK, now I'm ready to start some trouble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
it's just about remembering that you're not comparing yourself to anyone else, what's going on is that there's this mean little judge in yr head who's decided to make yr life hell by constantly telling you yer not good enough. you gotta yell back at that sucka: "YES I HEARD YOU, I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION, NOW GO THE HELL AWAY."  >:(

then you can relax and bask in the glow of having just told off the biggest a-hole you'll ever meet. yourself. sooner or later the voice shuts up. or at least learns to whimper quietly.  ;D

BearGirl

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »
LOL!  Lets not go there.  The night before I took the GRE, I decided to drink a couple of rum and cokes.  When that didn't help, I kept going.  The next morning, I was hung over!  I would have to say that being royally hungover is worse than spazzing out. While I was feeling too ill to be very anxious, I'm not sure it was a good thing.  ;)

BearGirl

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 03:53:02 PM »
it's just about remembering that you're not comparing yourself to anyone else, what's going on is that there's this mean little judge in yr head who's decided to make yr life hell by constantly telling you yer not good enough. you gotta yell back at that sucka: "YES I HEARD YOU, I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION, NOW GO THE HELL AWAY."  >:(

then you can relax and bask in the glow of having just told off the biggest a-hole you'll ever meet. yourself. sooner or later the voice shuts up. or at least learns to whimper quietly.  ;D

That's awesome advice.  Maybe you should write a book!

healthlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 03:53:48 PM »
;D ;D ;D

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 03:55:51 PM »
You should definitely start charging for your services. You can market yourself to psychologically coach those taking standardized tests.

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 04:04:20 PM »

healthlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 04:27:36 PM »
and i quote: You should definitely start charging for your services. You can market yourself to psychologically coach those taking standardized tests.

and i reply: yeccchhh!!! i really am a commie -- the notion of charging for support grosses me out. most ppl who claim to have the answers are f**ked themselves and are just buoying their egos on others' shoulders. crowd-surfing, if you will, on others' need. i just can't stand to see people bumming.

King80s

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 04:32:05 PM »
ativan?

i took this darn last time and destroyed my performance.  honest to god, i probably could have scores 175+ but was unable to grasp the last Rc because its abstract nature.  the passage wasn't difficult just required a better short-term memory to assimilate the totality of the passage.

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/lorazepam-scopolamine.htm

This placebo-controlled, double-blind, double-dummy, independent groups study directly compared effects of the benzodiazepine, lorazepam (2.0 mg/70 kg orally administered), and the anticholinergic scopolamine (0.6 mg/70 kg subcutaneously administered) on memory and attentional measures hypothesized to differentiate the drugs. At the studied doses, lorazepam and scopolamine produced similar decrements in psychomotor performance, free recall, and overall sensitivity in distinguishing between studied and nonstudied items on a recognition memory test. However, the drugs differed with respect to effects on working memory, response bias, metacognition, subjective awareness, and selective attention. In addition to providing information about the cognitive psychopharmacological profiles of drugs with distinct neurochemical and pharmacological mechanisms of action, this study also informs the understanding of memory and attentional processes.