Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: title your PS?  (Read 7261 times)

NYBound05

Re: title your PS?
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2004, 09:15:32 PM »
LOL

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but without the semi-colon, I wouldn't be able tell you all that I've lived in: Glendale, AZ; Urbana, IL; Miami, FL; and Philadelphia, PA.

there you go... one of the more technical uses of the semi-colon... germans find it sexy...  :-*

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2004, 09:59:58 PM »
Well I just got back from re-reading War and Peace (speed reader) and not one ; anywhere  :P
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

Ginatio

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2004, 10:04:46 PM »
yea... maxim magazine isn't a fan of the ";" either...

who am I kidding... like i've ever read a maxim for the articles...

Well I just got back from re-reading War and Peace (speed reader) and not one ; anywhere  :P

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2004, 12:23:58 AM »
Ginatio, are you trying to convince us of something, or just making a sidenote?  Because Maxim magazine's views on punctuation are not going to sway me.  Now, if they said that so-and-so has the nicest ass, I'd take note of it.  But punctuation is probably outside the realm of their expertise.  I must say, though, that their magazine does have interesting articles.  If you were a girl, maybe you'd read them ;)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2004, 03:52:30 PM »
a lot of schools want the PS titled with the question number it refers to; as an example, one might be called "question 17: personal statement" while another might be "item a: statement of purpose."

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2004, 04:32:54 PM »
But, they wouldn't really get confused about which item it referred to, would they?

jas9999

• Sr. Citizen
  • Actual Law Student
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2004, 04:35:19 PM »
if you have attachments for your ps, extra-curriculars, diversity essay, resume, awards and honors, arrest record, plus addenda for your grade trends and other things, it helps if they're clearly labeled. plus, some apps explicitly state that they need to be labeled at the top in certain ways.

exposť

• Sr. Citizen
  • honey, i'm home...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2004, 04:37:44 PM »
if you have attachments for your ps, extra-curriculars, diversity essay, resume, awards and honors, arrest record, plus addenda for your grade trends and other things, it helps if they're clearly labeled. plus, some apps explicitly state that they need to be labeled at the top in certain ways.

Good point. 8)