;

Poll

E-Adhesive Anyone?

Make it sticky.
 10 (76.9%)
Keep it clean.
 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: complete  (Read 204911 times)

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
  • All weather operation. Batteries not included.
    • View Profile
Re: complete
« Reply #1760 on: November 18, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
I just called and after almost six transfers I talked to the person I've been bugging for the last two weeks only to find out that she mailed my dean's certificate to cornell this morning  ::)

Aggravation over. Ahh  8)

All I have left is my Northwestern interview tomorrow, then it's all out on my end, just waiting for responses. I hate waiting, but it's better than feeling impotent in the face of university bureaucracies! Oh, wait... :-\
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 18, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »
Complete at Virginia yesterday.

Complete at WUSTL 11/13 (but they get the .pdf from LSAC, so they're quick)

"Completion Pending" at Columbia (even though they've received everything?) 11/14
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

I Will Get Over 170

• View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 20, 2008, 03:45:03 PM »
How long does Columbia stay at "Completion Pending"?  It's been that way for several weeks for me, even though everything is checked off.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 20, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
Maybe you should call and confirm they have everything at columbia? I know what they are waiting on from me, but if you have everything in....  ???
LSN

I'd love to join this LGBT club.  It's the Legos, Gobots, Barbies, and other Toys group, right?  I'll show up with an armful of toys.

summertimechi

• View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 20, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »
i've been at completion pending with columbia for weeks now too. it's so annoying because they have everything! grrrr.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 20, 2008, 08:11:04 PM »
i've been at completion pending with columbia for weeks now too. it's so annoying because they have everything! grrrr.

How long does Columbia stay at "Completion Pending"?  It's been that way for several weeks for me, even though everything is checked off.

It takes awhile - for what reason I don't know.  Two weeks is about how long mine took, but I only checked that one rarely because I'm an auto-reject to build up their application numbers.

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 21, 2008, 12:38:44 PM »
they say it should only take 2 weeks to go complete, and this early in the cycle that should be pretty accurate (since they haven't been flooded with apps yet).

Call and make sure they have everything.
LSN

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 21, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »
I think it says that it takes at least two weeks.

Also, complete at W&L yesterday and at UIUC today.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

sheltron5000

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 21, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »
I stand corrected, sort of. The quote:

"We kindly ask that you allow at least two weeks from the date of your last submission for completion to occur."

My reading of this is something like, "please wait for a couple of weeks to call us and start freaking out that we lost something"

To me, that suggests that if it has been two weeks or more, it's probably not a bad idea to call, as I intend to do starting two weeks from today (today is the day I expect my last piece to arrive).
LSN

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 21, 2008, 03:42:47 PM »
Well sure, it never hurts to call.