Law School Discussion

$20 off USC app fee

SkullTatt

$20 off USC app fee
« on: September 27, 2005, 07:19:21 AM »
Those of us taking the LSAT for the first time Oct. 1, and who also want to get our apps in early, are probably not going too get to many fee waivers. But you can save $20 on your USC app fee by ordering their "Official (and Unofficial) Guide to USC Law." It has something called "The Short Form" which you can fill out and send in, and then pay only $50 (vs. $70) as your app fee. Then you follow that up with your regular app by December 20.

Lucky77

Re: $20 off USC app fee
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 07:40:21 AM »
They do the same thing for their undergrad school too! It's weird.

SkullTatt

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 08:22:29 AM »
Yeah I found it kinda puzzling... first of all, why $20 off? Why not either free, or, I dunno, $30 off?

Also, the "short form" contains almost no information, just name, address, email, SSN, etc. I guess they want to somehow know if you're serious about applying, but why not just wait till your application comes in?

Of course, they do request your LSDAS report when you submit the short form, maybe they do it to get an advance chance at lobbying people with good numbers.

oldhat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 08:28:15 AM »
Yeah I found it kinda puzzling... first of all, why $20 off? Why not either free, or, I dunno, $30 off?

Hey, $20 buys a nice, round amount of crack.

Thanks for this tip, I'm defititely going to send it in.