Law School Discussion

"Brownie" rehired by FEMA

Re: "Brownie" rehired by FEMA
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 08:51:58 AM »
that in no way says you hav eto be paid to testify before congress. 

get your facts straight

it does, however, make getting him in there easier

Let's see, I ask why he is still on payroll and you reply that one reason is to force him to testify before Congress.  Ever heard of a subpoena?

PresClay_00

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 08:54:31 AM »
no, what is that??

of course dumbass

but as an employee, he can be marched over there a lot easier, don't you think?

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »
Not really.  If he gets a subpoena, he is forced to go no matter what.  Can't really get any easier than that.  Employment or money doesn't seem necessary or even beneficial at all.  It's obvious that continuing to employ this man is a waste of taxpayer dollars.  If I were to bungle my job and then it be found out that my resume was padded and I was grossly underqualified, I would be fired ... and I'm no FEMA Director.

PresClay_00

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 09:01:12 AM »
he could delay under a subpoena

and like i said, resignations aren't always effective immediately

you still defending the statement he was rehired?

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2005, 09:21:47 AM »
he could delay under a subpoena

So a legal document demanding that he testify will be circumvented, and somehow being employed for an organization at which he already has a tarnished reputation and at which his employment will soon be terminated is going to fix that?

If his resignation wasn't immediate, he should have been fired.  That's what happens when you lie about your qualifications and the screw up on the job, even for much less important jobs.

Uh, no.  Where have I even addressed that at all aside from the OP?  I'm questioning the reasons for him even remaining employed at all.

PresClay_00

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2005, 09:29:44 AM »
So a legal document demanding that he testify will be circumvented, and somehow being employed for an organization at which he already has a tarnished reputation and at which his employment will soon be terminated is going to fix that?

yup - for at least a period of time.  but being an employ menas he has to go as told.  that hard to understand?

If his resignation wasn't immediate, he should have been fired.  That's what happens when you lie about your qualifications and the screw up on the job, even for much less important jobs.

not the discussion at hand

Uh, no.  Where have I even addressed that at all aside from the OP?  I'm questioning the reasons for him even remaining employed at all.