Law School Discussion

"Brownie" rehired by FEMA

"Brownie" rehired by FEMA
« on: September 26, 2005, 06:00:08 PM »
Just brilliant.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/22/national/main878583.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Sept. 26, 2005
6:44 p.m.
(CBS) CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Michael Brown, who recently resigned as the head of the FEMA, has been rehired by the agency as a consultant to evaluate it's response following Hurricane Katrina.

NathanB

Re: "Brownie" rehired by FEMA
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 06:01:44 PM »
Just brilliant.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/22/national/main878583.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Sept. 26, 2005
6:44 p.m.
(CBS) CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Michael Brown, who recently resigned as the head of the FEMA, has been rehired by the agency as a consultant to evaluate it's response following Hurricane Katrina.

That is so sad.  "Hi, I can't run the thing, but I can tell you how it should be ran."

allyreese

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 06:04:51 PM »
wait, wouldn't he be evaluating his own performace?  is that not the ultimate conflict of interest?  holy christ.

PresClay_00

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 06:44:55 PM »
this was posted on by the NYT at 8:10 - a little bit different than what you're suggesting

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Katrina-Brown.html

allyreese

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 07:11:52 PM »
this was posted on by the NYT at 8:10 - a little bit different than what you're suggesting

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Katrina-Brown.html

interesting

PresClay_00

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »
seems as if CBS has revised their statement of "rehired."

they seem to have a problem w/ rushing to the press over Bush of late w/ unconfirmed news

LaneSwerver

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 08:49:41 PM »

they seem to have a problem w/ rushing to the press over Bush of late w/ unconfirmed news

How strange that is for any media outlet...I can't believe that.

verbal213

• Go crazy folks, go crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 01:10:13 AM »

Especially CBS, really surprising.  But then, as long as it conveys what they see as the overall truth, what difference does it really make if the facts are inaccurate or even conjured up? :)

verb

LaneSwerver

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 05:32:14 AM »

Especially CBS, really surprising.  But then, as long as it conveys what they see as the overall truth, what difference does it really make if the facts are inaccurate or even conjured up? :)

verb

I wish Dan Rather was here to straighten this out...

PresClay_00

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 05:34:07 AM »

verb

I wish Dan Rather was here to straighten this out...

wonder who will be personally responsible this time?