Law School Discussion

Your opinions please

Your opinions please
« on: September 26, 2005, 07:12:08 AM »
Hello,

This is one of those where can I get in posts. I was hoping that you guys could tell me the best schools that I might have a chance at, I know my LSAT is very low, so any advice of where I might be able to get in that's a decent school would be welcome.

LSAT: 155
GPA: 3.25
EXTRA: Worked at a mental hospital in Africa for 2 months, taught children English there as     
       well.
       6 months in Ireland working with abused children
       Currently working for small law firm in Hartford, CT
       Psy Chi member
       3.6 major gpa
       other various volunteer work

I would like to go to school in Massachusetts or Washington DC, or else somewhere else in the Northeast.

Thanks

John Galt

Re: Your opinions please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:23:11 AM »
WWW.LSAC.ORG

They have a device that sorts schools in the region you want and the LSAT/GPA range you need. Should help.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 08:39:06 AM »
You think just the calculator?  This guy's got more volunteer experience than Bono.  That's gotta count for something.

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 10:55:12 AM »
Hello,

This is one of those where can I get in posts. I was hoping that you guys could tell me the best schools that I might have a chance at, I know my LSAT is very low, so any advice of where I might be able to get in that's a decent school would be welcome.

LSAT: 155
GPA: 3.25
EXTRA: Worked at a mental hospital in Africa for 2 months, taught children English there as     
       well.
       6 months in Ireland working with abused children
       Currently working for small law firm in Hartford, CT
       Psy Chi member
       3.6 major gpa
       other various volunteer work

I would like to go to school in Massachusetts or Washington DC, or else somewhere else in the Northeast.

Thanks

Suffolk? widener?  catholic?  pittsburgh?  rutgers?  umd?  vermont? albany? nyls?  st johns?  hofstra?  just to throw a few out there..   

John Galt

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 12:40:13 PM »
You think just the calculator?  This guy's got more volunteer experience than Bono.  That's gotta count for something.

I definitely appreciate the dude's volunteer experience, but in these competitive times, I think its best to have a couple of reaches, but focus most of your strength in schools that are numerically in your range.