Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Financing a legal Education  (Read 3580 times)

LaneSwerver

Re: Financing a legal Education
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2005, 11:02:56 PM »
Are you actually a Catholic Lane?

Nope.

Explain the Ave Maria thing, if you will.  Isn't it like the den of Catholicism? 

It is, indeed. I did my graduate degree at a Catholic university (though not nearly as conservative as Ave) and I liked the approach. Figured I would try it for LS. Turns out Ave is a bit more Catholic than the school I went to, as well, but I'm not shunned (yet) or anything.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2005, 11:10:46 PM »
Are you actually a Catholic Lane?

Nope.

Explain the Ave Maria thing, if you will.  Isn't it like the den of Catholicism? 

It is, indeed. I did my graduate degree at a Catholic university (though not nearly as conservative as Ave) and I liked the approach. Figured I would try it for LS. Turns out Ave is a bit more Catholic than the school I went to, as well, but I'm not shunned (yet) or anything.

They have yet to read this board, apparently. 

Thank Buddha for that...

LegalLassie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2005, 11:24:41 PM »
Oh, I already read that.  I thought something else happened.  Something bigger.  You know, where he rejoined, then resigned again. 

That was a long time ago, I think. I was only in on the research end of that one.

I totally missed the photo.  I was kicking myself pretty brutally.

[photo redacted]

Dammit, that is what I meant.  I thought you had found his photo and posted it.  Who is he?  What does he look like? 

LaneSwerver

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2005, 11:25:17 PM »
Oh, I already read that.  I thought something else happened.  Something bigger.  You know, where he rejoined, then resigned again. 

That was a long time ago, I think. I was only in on the research end of that one.

[photo redacted]

Dammit, that is what I meant.  I thought you had found his photo and posted it.  Who is he?  What does he look like? 

He looks like a shiftless loser.

LegalLassie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2005, 11:32:18 PM »

[photo redacted]

His posts were kinda creepy.  It was almost sad.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2005, 11:32:57 PM »

[photo redacted]

His posts were kinda creepy.  It was almost sad.

You should have read all of his quotes when he was running for City Council. Equally sad.

LegalLassie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2005, 11:34:19 PM »
Literally running for City Council??  In real life and not the Dungeons and Dragons world?

LaneSwerver

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2005, 11:35:53 PM »
Literally running for City Council??  In real life and not the Dungeons and Dragons world?

Uh huh. He got like 47 votes.

LegalLassie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2005, 11:38:23 PM »
There was a crazy guy in our county running for city council.  But he was mentally ill.  He just used to hang around the courthouse in the same illfitting suit everyday.  His eyes darted every which way and his hair was oily.  He always seemed very nervous and super paranoid.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2005, 11:39:26 PM »
There was a crazy guy in our county running for city council.  But he was mentally ill.  He just used to hang around the courthouse in the same illfitting suit everyday.  His eyes darted every which way and his hair was oily.  He always seemed very nervous and super paranoid.

Heh heh...well, our boy here lives in CA...