Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: most enjoyable law school to attend  (Read 5728 times)

be10dwn

Re: most enjoyable law school to attend
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2005, 04:23:17 PM »
my opinion right now is that I would love to go to UT.  I think it would be VERY enjoyable if I had to go someplace other than here.

sck

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2005, 04:37:21 PM »
My main requirement if I end up out of state is good weather. Being from Texas, I'm spoiled in the warm weather and lack of snow. My blood doesn't take cold well; I hate snow except to look at. But living somewhere where I had to shovel every day? No thank you!

Hence, most of my out of state places are the lower mid-atlantic: Virginia and North Carolina, mostly.

Northwestern will be on the list, in direct contract to all I just said, just because it's Northwestern. If I got it my some miracle... I might deal with the cold.

But enjoyable to me generally does not include bitter cold and ice scrapers more than occasionally.
LSN
Nontrad, with a crazy split

miller

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 11:26:49 PM »
BC and Yale have the best reputations for being enjoyable. I hear they are not competitive. I personally wouldn't mind UVA either.

verbal

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2005, 01:44:15 PM »
yeah i sent my app to bc. i have also heard that the students and the profs are all pretty cool
Attending: OU

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2005, 05:03:53 AM »
As far as weather goes, having spent a few years in awesome San Diego, I can say that is is definitely beautiful pretty much every day of the year (except that two week period in January when it rains constantly).  Having said that, it soon became very, very boring.  Plus, Christmas in California just isnt Christmas.  Surfing before Christmas dinner just didn't seem right.

For fun, again having lived on both coasts, I'd have to go Northeast, just because everything is encapsulated within those big cities.  For example, If you're in New York and its 2am, you're 3 minutes from anything you could imagine that you'd want to do.  Plus, you don't have to hop on the freeway to do it.

For me, personally, my passion is politics.  I love the strategy and intrigue that go along with it.  I'm going to law school because I want to get into politics as an elected person.  Therefore, for me, the most fun would be to go to law school in a state capital or Washington.  It is why I am applying to Albany, Maine, Suffolk and IU-Indianapolis and Catholic.  They're the best schools, in my areas of choice, that my numbers might get me into (3.71/152).

So, to answer the general question, the concept of "most fun" I would think would depend upon your interests.  If you are a club hopper, then obviously LA, NY, Chicago or any other big city is your best bet.  If you like hiking and other outdoorsy type stuff, then any New England School would do (also works if you like to ski).  If sports is your thing, Chicago, NY, Boston, Philly would probably be for you.

Thanks for allowing me to ramble.  I have to get a handle on the whole "conciseness" thing.

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2005, 01:05:20 PM »
I want to stay in the MidWest.... unless i get into Harvard. I am just too MidWestern, and I love havign both winter and summer
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

upNdown

• Sr. Citizen
  • My favorite bike - cheap, ugly, heavy, and fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2005, 02:09:38 PM »
Northeastern represents itself as being an enjoyable place to learn.  They don't give grades so it isn't cutthroat-competitive.  Their co-op program keeps you fresh because just when you're getting sick of school, you go to work and just when you're getting sick of work, you go to school.  And they have a 1L class which has students working in groups on a simulated case, which teaches, amoung other things, teamwork. 
GPA - 2.095 (It was a long time ago and I wasn't trying.)
LSAT - 161

In - Suffolk, New England School of Law
Out - BC, Northeastern
Pending - Nothing pending . . . now what?