Law School Discussion

General Questions

General Questions
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:31:12 PM »
So, here are some general (nitpicky ;)) questions about the exam:

What process do they actually go through before the test?  i.e. line up, fingerprint, go into room…wait?  They want you there by 8:30, but how do things play out at that point?

I guess there’s assigned seating?  How much spacing do they put between test-takers?  For example, if a room can hold 60 snugly, they’ll put, maybe 30?

Any issues with going to the bathroom after checking in but before the test starts?  How long between checking in and actually starting?

What’s the actual test booklet like?  Paper type (like TM? Like official PrepTests?), does it have a seal, etc…?

What time do they usually start?  I know this can really vary, but personal experiences are welcome.

Re: General Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 09:34:50 PM »
1.  It takes a good 60 minutes after 8:30 to get started.  They'll make you check in, show ID, get fingerprinted, etc.  And they will read instructions.

2.  Yes, they will show you to your seat.  In my last room, there were few, if any, empty desks between us.  But we're not inches away from each other.

3.  Go to the bathroom beforehand.  Going in after checking would be tricky at best.  Just go beforehand.

4.  It has a seal.  It's actually on really bad paper.  So bad you can see slightly through the pages.  Closer to newsprint than commerical books you buy from the store.

5.  See #1 above. :)