Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TM Diags Scantron Error or Miss-Bubbling? We have a right to know!  (Read 771 times)

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
TM Diags Scantron Error or Miss-Bubbling? We have a right to know!
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:05:36 PM »
Ok i'm sure theres has to be others in my same situation on this.

Every dam diag i've taken, i've compared the answers i marked on my test with the score report and there has always been 1-3 errors. Is this really me miss-bubbling? No way...could it?? or is it maybe from TM's end? This 1-3 question difference can have some substantial effects on scoring. The only way to know for sure is for TM to provide us with our answer sheet, either the original or a copy. I emailed them about this so i'll let you guys know. Its probably just miss-bubbling, but I want to know for sure. Anyone else with me on this??

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: TM Diags Scantron Error or Miss-Bubbling? We have a right to know!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »

Every dam diag i've taken, i've compared the answers i marked on my test with the score report and there has always been 1-3 errors. Is this really me miss-bubbling? No way...could it?? or is it maybe from TM's end? This 1-3 question difference can have some substantial effects on scoring. The only way to know for sure is for TM to provide us with our answer sheet, either the original or a copy. I emailed them about this so i'll let you guys know. Its probably just miss-bubbling, but I want to know for sure. Anyone else with me on this??

This is a great question.  I honestly believe that TM does make random mistakes..
This happened to me on the 2nd and third test, and i honestly don't think i could have misbubbled that much.  On the third one, i can confidently say that TM made an error because one of the lr was supposed to have 26 questions but TM stated that there were 25 questions. 
I wouldn't worry about this so much, just because it's something we can't control.  Just make sure you circle extra carefully on the real thing.

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 09:39:18 PM »

This is a great question.  I honestly believe that TM does make random mistakes..
This happened to me on the 2nd and third test, and i honestly don't think i could have misbubbled that much.  On the third one, i can confidently say that TM made an error because one of the lr was supposed to have 26 questions but TM stated that there were 25 questions. 
I wouldn't worry about this so much, just because it's something we can't control.  Just make sure you circle extra carefully on the real thing.

Ya i know. But i still think its worth seeing a copy of the answer sheet. I mean whats the big deal, cant they just make that available for us. For $1200 bux it should be framed and persoanlly delivered from Robin to my door step lol.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 10:06:30 PM »
They missed one on mine.

On the games section I know I had bubbled in the right answer because I had to erase the wrong answer. I changed it in my book and then I changed it on the scan tron sheet. I know I changed it because I spent an extra minute after the test making all my bubbles really dark. Right before I did this I had changed the last answer on my sheet from a c to a d (before time was called). The report shows a c but I erased that bubble. the only thing I can think of is that eraser marks show up when the papers are being faxed.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 10:55:15 PM »
They missed one on mine.

On the games section I know I had bubbled in the right answer because I had to erase the wrong answer. I changed it in my book and then I changed it on the scan tron sheet. I know I changed it because I spent an extra minute after the test making all my bubbles really dark. Right before I did this I had changed the last answer on my sheet from a c to a d (before time was called). The report shows a c but I erased that bubble. the only thing I can think of is that eraser marks show up when the papers are being faxed.

either way, i think anyone with this same concern should email TM, that is if you care enough to do so...I know i do and i did email them.