Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Testmasters Diag #4 Discussion  (Read 2342 times)

longhorn05

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Testmasters Diag #4 Discussion
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »
i remember everybody was saying that the scale for june 05 was brutal..I guess lsac thought the test was easy but i didnt think so

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 06:16:15 PM »
As is typical with my relationship with Testmasters, they do not have my score up yet, and will likely not have it up until everyone else's score is in.  Anyway, after using the answer key from the other thread, I have roughly calculated that I got around 13 questions wrong total.  I did well on the Logic Games, getting 2 wrong total, but I would have liked to have gotten a perfect score.  I got 4 wrong on the RC section, which is disappointing because I should have been able to ace it.  I got 4 wrong and 3 wrong on the first and secon LR sections, respectively.  I'm not sure what score this gets me, but based on the scale from the powerscore website, it puts my raw score out of contention for a 170+ score, which is what my goal was.  Oh well.  I also did not think this was an easy teast.  The LR sections were dense and difficult.  Having three LR sections in a row is draining.  It is now my least favorite section, with LG being my favorite section, which is surprising considering I've traditionally had the most difficulty with LG.  Oh well.  Thank god I'm taking this in December. 
Yale.Law.School.2010

Cubano1983

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 06:21:27 PM »
It's funny how everyone has a different view on these things...  Most of the people in my section hated having 3 LR's in a row.. but I thought it was great, and would love for it to happen next Saturday...  LR is the one section that cannot rattle my confidence... a bad RC or LG section will screw me up...  Plus, it really felt like I was just powering through the middle of the test with three of them right in a row...not really  a race against time like LG and RC are for me.. those drain the HELL out of me..

Oh well, everyone gets different experimentals on the real deal, right?  Here's hoping mine's LR... 1/3 chance..
LSAT Practice Scores
170, 164, 171, 168, 178, 168, 176, 173, 177

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 06:27:02 PM »
scores are up. ???

158. I saw improvement in raw score but scored lower. sheesh, what do I have to do.

Ok, I actually scored the same. One of my answers is marked wrong but it is right in my test book. It shows that i got 2 wrong on the games section but It should be 21/22. Oh well. I think i'll take this as 2 159s, with an increase in raw score from 71 to 75.

Recently, I have been trying a new method for RC. It works but I am slow. I only did the first three passages. I only missed 2. i missed all 6 of the last passage! I was way too slow on LR too.

With 1 week left, I think that i will try to work on speed. i hope It works. If not i'll see you guys in Dec. Maybe I'll put it off until June and work a year.

159-160 would get me into law school but it would put my reaches out of reach. know what i mean?

Man, I finally understand RC but I'm just too damn slow.  I'm still slow for LR coupled with silly mistakes. There is no excuse for 36/51.  I had to guess the last 5/6 on both sections and the last passage on RC. That's nearly 18 points I'm missing from jump.

I'm in the same boat. Speed is killing me. If I can just go a little dam faster and still maintain my accuracy wow I'll score sooo much higher. Good thing is that the problem isnt having difficulty understanding the material, it just a matter of practice and increasing speed. I'm just a bad test taker.

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 06:29:51 PM »
As is typical with my relationship with Testmasters, they do not have my score up yet, and will likely not have it up until everyone else's score is in.  Anyway, after using the answer key from the other thread, I have roughly calculated that I got around 13 questions wrong total.  I did well on the Logic Games, getting 2 wrong total, but I would have liked to have gotten a perfect score.  I got 4 wrong on the RC section, which is disappointing because I should have been able to ace it.  I got 4 wrong and 3 wrong on the first and secon LR sections, respectively.  I'm not sure what score this gets me, but based on the scale from the powerscore website, it puts my raw score out of contention for a 170+ score, which is what my goal was.  Oh well.  I also did not think this was an easy teast.  The LR sections were dense and difficult.  Having three LR sections in a row is draining.  It is now my least favorite section, with LG being my favorite section, which is surprising considering I've traditionally had the most difficulty with LG.  Oh well.  Thank god I'm taking this in December. 

Swat thats reallly good, congrats. If you got a 170+ on this, 180 should be possible by December! Where you taking TM anyway?

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2005, 06:35:10 PM »
I'm in the NYC late summer course with instructor Sean Murphy.  I'm really disappointed with my performance on the LR section.  Unlike you and Shaz, speed is my strongsuit, but I'm still having trouble with the more difficult LR questions.  Then again, I haven't entirely been doing my LR homework.  I spend almost all of my homework time doing all the logic games (this is because on my first diag I was only able to get to the first 12 problems, and I only got 6 of those right, so I knew LG was the key to performing better).  I really don't mean to be complaining.  I understand that getting only 13 wrong questions is a good performance, but it wasn't quite up to what I was hoping for.  If I had just thought a little harder about some of those LR questions, I might've been able to get the right answer.  Oh well.  Best of luck to everyone on their actual LSAT exam.  Let's all hope for a better scale.
Yale.Law.School.2010

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 06:44:12 PM »

If you're talking about June 2005, 13 wrong is a 166.  PowerScore has the scale on its students' website.

I thought June 2005 was the easiest practice test I've taken... I missed only 4 questions, the least I've ever missed on a test.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »
I just self-scored my diagnostic #4, and I received a raw score of 79!!
that's the best I've done even when taking the tough scale in to consideration!!  I'm so happy because I rarely broke 160 up until now and was just praying for 157-158 range!!
I always do the same on the RC, whether it's older version or newer one, scoring around 18 (just completing 3/4, guessing on the scientific passage), and then went on to score 18/25 on the first LR, 22/26 second LR, and 21/22 on the LG!

I just hope I repeat this on the real thing next saturday! ;D

LSATguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 09:14:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me what does a raw score of 59 convert on the June 05 scale?

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 09:15:24 PM »

I'm in the same boat. Speed is killing me. If I can just go a little dam faster and still maintain my accuracy wow I'll score sooo much higher. Good thing is that the problem isnt having difficulty understanding the material, it just a matter of practice and increasing speed. I'm just a bad test taker.

I don't know if this makes you or I a BAD test-taker. I just think that it may have something to do with reading speed. I think that we just have to practice speed and hope that adrenaline kicks in on the real test. I think that those who are scoring OK but with high accuracy are the ones who see their scores go up on test day. This is what I am hoping for anyway.

I looked over this test and I should have scored so much higher. If on the real thing I can limit my mistakes and go just a little faster then I will see it reflected positively in my score. I bet the same goes for you. I am just going to force myself to go faster this week and hope this carries over on saturday.

If I finish the sections then I won't cancel. If I can't, for some reason...
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.