Law School Discussion

Testmasters Diag #4 Discussion

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Testmasters Diag #4 Discussion
« on: September 24, 2005, 12:03:36 PM »
And here begins the obligatory thread on the most recent diag.  Thoughts/Opinions/Complaints?  I am very optimistic about my performance this time around, unlike diag 3 where I knew if it had been a real test, I would have cancelled my score.  This marks the first time where I actually finished a logic games section that counted toward the score with time to spare.  In fact, I had 15 minutes left by the time I got to the last game, which in my opinion was a female dog, but with my extra time I was able to confidently answer each question.  I thought the logical reasoning sections were rough (ALL THREE OF THEM IN A ROW!!!), but that the reading comp was reasonably easy.  The last RC passage was a doozy, but it certainly wasn't like the Puerto-Rican code switching passage of diag 3.  Anyway, I hope people did as well as they hoped to do, if not even better.  Also, I hope everyone gets their scores within a reasonable time frame (and not on Sunday night like I and a few others did).

oldhat

• View Profile
Re: Testmasters Diag #4 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 12:07:39 PM »
The last RC passage was a doozy, but it certainly wasn't like the Puerto-Rican code switching passage of diag 3.

OMG, @#!* that passage! I hate that *&^%.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 12:10:11 PM »
I too feel pretty confident.. I had only 5 minutes with the last game... But I made the single inference that either M or P was the one that did all 3, and I answered most of the questions just based on that.  Hopefully it worked out well..

I can only hope that next week, the experimental is logical reasoning, because it's the only section I know that cannot rattle my confidence....

RC was OK.. LR was a breeze.. Games were a breeze for the most part.. No wonder this test had a brutal scale.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 12:29:03 PM »
Damn RC completely screwed me over....the 1st and 4th passages were awful.  The last game screwed over as well, so in conclusion im very disappointed in myself.

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 02:02:46 PM »
what was the scale? can you post it?

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
Anyone have the answer key or scale for this?

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 02:07:39 PM »
Anyone have the answer key or scale for this?

Answer key was posted in another thread below this one...  You can get an idea of the scale at http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/correct_targeted.htm

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »
To make things easier, here's a link to the answer key thread:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php?topic=42242.msg750231;topicseen#msg750231

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 02:30:32 PM »
thanks, does anyone have the exact scale besides the one from powerscores link?

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 02:59:05 PM »
scores are up. ???

158. I saw improvement in raw score but scored lower. sheesh, what do I have to do.

Ok, I actually scored the same. One of my answers is marked wrong but it is right in my test book. It shows that i got 2 wrong on the games section but It should be 21/22. Oh well. I think i'll take this as 2 159s, with an increase in raw score from 71 to 75.

Recently, I have been trying a new method for RC. It works but I am slow. I only did the first three passages. I only missed 2. i missed all 6 of the last passage! I was way too slow on LR too.

With 1 week left, I think that i will try to work on speed. i hope It works. If not i'll see you guys in Dec. Maybe I'll put it off until June and work a year.

159-160 would get me into law school but it would put my reaches out of reach. know what i mean?

Man, I finally understand RC but I'm just too damn slow.  I'm still slow for LR coupled with silly mistakes. There is no excuse for 36/51.  I had to guess the last 5/6 on both sections and the last passage on RC. That's nearly 18 points I'm missing from jump.