Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High school student in sophomore year of college  (Read 8216 times)

Istra

• View Profile
High school student in sophomore year of college
« on: June 26, 2004, 01:40:58 AM »
Any advice would be great!  I am 18, a home school student, and graduated this past May from high school.  I am going to be attending college in the fall, an will be at second semester sophomore status this fall.  I plan to graduate in two years with a B.A. in general liberal arts, emphasis in political science. My current GPA is 4.0.  I want to become involved in some aspect of public policy.  I will be starting an internship with my political party for this election cycle. 

The problem is that the college I am attending is a small, private Christian school, and I transferred in nearly 40 credits from a local community college.  Will this be a major drawback for me in the admissions process for law school?  Also, would you advise that I go straight into law school as soon as I finish UG, or should I wait a couple years?  What are my chances of getting into Georgetown or George Mason with this type of record?  (Sorry I don't have an LSAT score yet...I'll be taking a practice test within the next week.)

Thanks!

ruskiegirl

Re: High school student in sophomore year of college
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 11:17:52 PM »
Law school ad comms understand that not all GPA's are created equal and that it is relatively easy to have a 4.0 in certain majors/at certain universities.  Although they will consider the caliber of the undergraduate institution, they are going to place much more emphasis on your LSAT score and personal statement.  The categories that ad comms are known to focus the least upon are extra-curricular activities, work experience during undergrad, and prestige of the UG.  The areas of your applications that are going to get the most attention are the LSAT, GPA, and personal statement.

billy666

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:20:20 AM »
banned for spam.

-- post edited by EC

oceansmarine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »
Earn a degree within your field of Interest First.  We designed the process to ensure that you would not come out with a worthless degree.  If you desire law school, your GPA will be leveraged by LSDAS (on a 4.0 scale) with your test score LSAT (180 = 4.0/179 -3.95/120=1.0 etc......)  to benchmark the adjusted GPA.

As for finances.  Plan on your worse case scenario.  You are heading back home to start you legal profession and that you will not be offered a job.  If you can stomach that thought, your home free and keep in mind that you have a identifiable potential in law school in respects to GPA.   Articles:  'Fixing law school admissions' Wesleyan Argus University paper Google and then click on Web. A Good Summary of the situation based on GPA, employment and the objectives of the old council.

Law School is a business and they offer no money back guarantees should you fail financially after graduation !!   Never attend a law school without getting your BA first !! It's all about employment.           

NataLie143

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 01:42:43 AM »
I am hoping that all the students there will get there diploma and will pass the board exam to be a professional lawyer.

manels

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 01:45:56 AM »
I am hoping that all the students there will get there diploma and will pass the board exam to be a professional lawyer.

I hope that all of them can get diploma . . .

I just wonder if you were part in one of the Vocational High Schools in Canada, does they will provide a diploma when you're done studying there? I hope to hear any feedback here. Thanks.