Law School Discussion

Near 6 page first PS draft, help!

twixlover

Near 6 page first PS draft, help!
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:33:22 AM »
so i am finishing up my first PS draft and somehow it has grew to a 6 page double space mess.  as the first draft, i am very happy with the content of my PS, but i know it can be much more concise and well written. 

has anyone run into this problem of writing way too much?  i figure it would be easier to cut out stuff but have all my ideas down, than to not have enough ideas down and try to bulk it up later during revisions. 

i need an outsider's perspective to tell me what should be changed.  it's a very personal topic and i do want to retain all of the main ideas/structure.  any help would be greatly appreciated - especially if you're a grammar or prose lover who's good at making things very concise!  :-*

SkullTatt

Re: Near 6 page first PS draft, help!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 10:16:45 AM »
especially if you're a grammar or prose lover who's good at making things very concise!

I think I humbly fit in that category... PM it to me if you want me to look at it.

twelvehundred

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »
email me

twixlover

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 01:10:28 PM »
sent! thanks!  :-*

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 04:40:47 PM »
i'm had the same problem. my first draft was also six pages. to get it down to only two pages, i learned to cut all the extraneous fluff. it is easier for someone else to spot what should be cut. feel free to PM me your essay if you want me to look at it. good luck.