Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Its Friday!!!  (Read 1211 times)

Trancer

• Sr. Citizen
  • Conan the Republican!!!
    • View Profile
Its Friday!!!
« on: June 25, 2004, 04:06:38 PM »
Taking Roll for who is staying in this weekend...ROLL CALL!!! Im gonna spend a luxurious weekend cramming for two finance tests on monday, and doing my Kaplan homework... remember... delayed gratification, delayed gratification...
Its not the size of the army that counts, its the fury of the onslaught.
Seton Hall, August 05

lexylit

Re: Its Friday!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 04:51:52 PM »
hells no. but just think, someday youll be as cool as all us cool kids who TOOK the lsat and get to go out and party while waiting for results to roll in...

and if the results are bad, then these 3 weeks are the best weeks b/c we got to run around pretending we aced it!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »
I just got out of work.  Longest day EVER!  All the attorneys apparently wanted the day off, since it was quiet as all hell.

Going out for a friend's b-day tonight, and hoping the rain stays away until tomorrow!

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 05:44:28 PM »
hahaha  :D
she said "rain"

how am i going to leave southern california and go back home for LS...im s-p-o-i-l-e-d

Munkeysgrrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 05:47:31 PM »
Hmm, Aileen Wuornos documentary tonight (blockbuster night)

Farenheit 9/11 matinee tomorrow

North Beach in San Francisco Sat night with friends for celebration of scholarship!

Sleep and spend time with Sis on Sunday.  TGIF!!!  :D
Loyola LA Here I Come!!

$ones

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 06:26:05 PM »
What Lex said is so right. I'm pretending until July 6 that I got a 175. I'm getting drunk and hittin up a club. The best 3 weeks of my life are down to 11 days. Maybe.

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 06:43:55 PM »
I just got out of work.  Longest day EVER!  All the attorneys apparently wanted the day off, since it was quiet as all hell.

Going out for a friend's b-day tonight, and hoping the rain stays away until tomorrow!

Jacy,

What kind of work to you do for your law firm?  I've been trying desperately to get a position in a law firm using my tax and accounting background.  But I have zero experience
working in a law firm. How would you suggest going about getting employed by a law firm?
I'd do anything except manual typrwriters.  Any advice?  Keep in mind I am 40. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 06:47:44 PM »
hahaha  :D
she said "rain"

how am i going to leave southern california and go back home for LS...im s-p-o-i-l-e-d

What is rain?  ;D
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

lexylit

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 06:52:14 PM »
send TONS of letters-- and make clear in those letters that not only are you smart with good experience, but youre also considering law school and so just want to immerse yourself in the whole firm-thang and are willing to do whatever theyve got for you. go on the inernet and find about every firm in your vicinity and then makesure your resume looks perfect and GO. worked for me =)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 07:52:35 PM »
send TONS of letters-- and make clear in those letters that not only are you smart with good experience, but youre also considering law school and so just want to immerse yourself in the whole firm-thang and are willing to do whatever theyve got for you. go on the inernet and find about every firm in your vicinity and then makesure your resume looks perfect and GO. worked for me =)

Thanks Lexi,  I think I just might use that approach.  Since I am sending out unsolicited requests for a job, I would prefer the snail mail route with real professional paper and well written cover letters along with a great resume.  Did you just email people or did you use snail mail?  What position did they first give you?  It's gonna be tough for a 40 year old guy working as a legal secrtary.  I'm not stereotyping you, I just don't know what "position" I shuld say I am looking for, other than "anything you may have available.
Also, still have to pay the mortgage!