Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Conclusion of my statement  (Read 2999 times)

ml310

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Conclusion of my statement
« on: October 11, 2003, 02:33:07 PM »
I have read the "What should I write about" topic and have a pretty good sense of some of the events that I want to write about.

But some schools ask "why do you want to pursue law?" and some schools simply ask to "write a personal statement."  It's easy to just write about who I am and what I've been through, but then it's hard to state why those events make me want to study law without sounding cliche.

I feel like I'm stuck because I have had a very eventful life and many life changing moments - but how can I put it in a way that can best state the reasons for applying to law?  I hope I'm not causing too much confusion.  But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help!

beninoregon

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Re:Conclusion of my statement
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 07:55:11 PM »
My quick advice would be to pick ONE of those life-changing moments and write about it.  Don't attempt too broad a topic, or you will spend the entire time talking about all the different situations, instead of your reaction and dealings with the one particular situation.  Everybody who applies to law school are just numbers... except for that personal statement.  Make it personal.
--Ben--
 --1L--