Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 326601 times)

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #730 on: November 14, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
We might have gotton diff. postcards cuz' on mine, the "now" picture looks cleaner.  The Before picture had a whitish line of dirt on one part of the building.  Who knows, maybe my pic got smudged a bit cuz the clouds do look the same.
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

Dirt McGirt

• Sr. Citizen
  • I love Meg White.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 14, 2005, 09:31:58 PM »
Chicago and Valpo waivers.
I'm done with apps...waiting to visit schools and make a decision.

UGAfootballfanatic

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 14, 2005, 10:42:12 PM »
notice the tulane postcard showed nothing but the top 10 floors of a building... No coincidence they didnt show the ground level.

On the fee waiver and invite for apps note, my mailbox got stuffed today, mostly from schools there's no chance in hell I'd attend (mostly because they are North of the Mason-Dixon line and too cold). Western New England, WUSTL, Tulane, George Mason (this fee waiver I'm probably going to use) Florida Coastal, Ave Maria, Miami. Western New England sent a 60+ page glossy nice viewbook that must have cost some serious cash, pretty nice.

Dante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 14, 2005, 10:49:49 PM »
florida coastal fee waiver/application.

i accidently ordered one too many lsdas reports...do i wait for a better waiver or use it on this?

edit: nevermind, the online app is free to all. I feel cheap.
Supergirluw,

For what it is worth, I have similar numbers that you have, and I was accepted last week to Fl coastal...you probably would be an auto-admit for them if you apply. 

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 14, 2005, 10:50:11 PM »
This process is getting so expensive.  I do not wanna add up all that I spent so far.

I guarantee you that the second you get an acceptance from one of your top choices, all the money and hardwork will seem worth it. Hang in there - only a couple more months and this particular ordeal is over.
HLS '09

bloomich

« Reply #735 on: November 14, 2005, 10:59:41 PM »
i thought the tulane postcard was silly... their pull is that they exist... great... i mean, don't get me wrong, i like existence in a law school...

KingDB

« Reply #736 on: November 14, 2005, 11:20:08 PM »
I pulled down the Ave Maria waiver today.  Thank the virgin.  Chicago yesterday.

supergirluw

« Reply #737 on: November 15, 2005, 12:28:42 AM »
florida coastal fee waiver/application.

i accidently ordered one too many lsdas reports...do i wait for a better waiver or use it on this?

edit: nevermind, the online app is free to all. I feel cheap.
Supergirluw,

For what it is worth, I have similar numbers that you have, and I was accepted last week to Fl coastal...you probably would be an auto-admit for them if you apply. 

that's what i'm wondering, but I don't want to have to make the realization "well, crap, I was only admitted to a tttt school in florida, I hate humidity, I don't want to deal with hurricanes let alone thunderstorms, but hell, I WAS ACCEPTED TO A LAW SCHOOL!"

I'm going to spend tonight searching for a more reasonable free app that is within an auto-admit range for me, and if none appear, than florida coastal it is.

heybrent

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 15, 2005, 12:36:36 AM »
i thought the tulane postcard was silly... their pull is that they exist... great... i mean, don't get me wrong, i like existence in a law school...

i got the tulane postcard today, and yes, it was very very silly.  and almost a little bit distasteful.  if i were a displaced N.O. resident that lost their home and i got that postcard, i'd want to send one back.  that perhaps had a picture of my destroyed house on it.  before and after.

but maybe they are just trying really hard to compensate for what must be a very difficult admissions season.  if it is very likely that their applications will drop way down, maybe we should cut them some slack.

TheRenegade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #739 on: November 15, 2005, 01:06:40 AM »
Got a Cornell fee waiver today, 9 DAYS AFTER IT WAS MAILED! Thing took forever! But can't complain, just one more app to fill out and submit like three weeks later than I'd hoped to.