Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 332755 times)

TXcal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #720 on: November 14, 2005, 06:00:27 PM »
Normally everyone beats me to this thread and I don't post repeats--but a few things came today that no one's mentioned yet:

*  Cornell waiver & spiral viewbook
*  VERY intense package from University of the Pacific--including a multi-volume set of viewbooks
*  University of Houston waiver & viewbook
*  Penn waiver & viewbook (actually, think this has been mentioned before...)

Annnnnie

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 14, 2005, 07:07:10 PM »
email from yale re: bay area law school forum

yay

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 14, 2005, 07:09:11 PM »
Letter from Cardozo saying I'd be a good candidate for merit aid but no fee waiver. I really want to apply but don't think I can justify the expense.
HLS '09

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 14, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »
Letter from Cardozo saying I'd be a good candidate for merit aid but no fee waiver. I really want to apply but don't think I can justify the expense.

I emailed them a while ago (before they set out the waviers this cycle) and asked if they offered merit-based waivers.  The response was yes and it was LSAT-score depended.  When I told them my LSAT score they emailed me saying my fee was waived.  So if you want to apply, send them an emai.  Your numbers are way better than mine.
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 14, 2005, 07:50:47 PM »
What I got in the mail today...
Another info packet from MSU, creighton university info, a fee waiver from Ava Maria, and a oversized postcard fro Tulane U with a then/now theme inviting me to apply

ghaleon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 14, 2005, 07:53:53 PM »

I emailed them a while ago (before they set out the waviers this cycle) and asked if they offered merit-based waivers.  The response was yes and it was LSAT-score depended.  When I told them my LSAT score they emailed me saying my fee was waived.  So if you want to apply, send them an emai.  Your numbers are way better than mine.

Did you happen to ask Fordham if they offer merit-based waivers? I've been hoping to get one, but no such luck.
CLS'09

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 14, 2005, 07:56:29 PM »

Thanks Shellbell.
HLS '09

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2005, 07:59:03 PM »
No, I just sent it in.

But if it helps, I do not think that they gave out any merit-based ones this year if you look at the fee waiver threads here.

Oh, corky, no prob.  i kinda wished I asked more LS about fee waivers, but I didn't want to send an email w/o some other reason.  When I sent the email to Cardozo I had some Qs about one of their clinics.  This process is getting so expensive.  I do not wanna add up all that I spent so far.

supergirluw

« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2005, 09:02:24 PM »
florida coastal fee waiver/application.

i accidently ordered one too many lsdas reports...do i wait for a better waiver or use it on this?

edit: nevermind, the online app is free to all. I feel cheap.

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2005, 09:04:18 PM »
I got a postcard from Tulane with a "Before" and an "After" picture, referring presumably to Katrina.  However, they're the same picture.  Literally.  The cloud in the background has been changed a little, but every leaf on both the trees in the shot are in the exact same position relative to each other and to the building.  No way does that happen over a span of an hour of calm weather, let alone after a hurricane.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that they're able to get running again so quickly, and obviously they'd want to make that clear to prospective applicants, and this was probably a good way to emphasize that.  I just thought it was funny that they seem to imply that the pictures are from before and after the hurricane, when clearly they're not.