Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 331705 times)

zardoz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #3240 on: March 04, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »
Got mail from Harvard today...Harvard University Press  ::)
Michigan 2012

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: March 04, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
Please tell me it didn't look anything like an HLS mailing. That would be too cruel.

fsohn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3242 on: March 04, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
Another piece of mail from Cooley.  The CRS should allow you to opt-out for certain schools.

zardoz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: March 04, 2008, 06:57:08 PM »
Please tell me it didn't look anything like an HLS mailing. That would be too cruel.

I have no idea.  I have only ever gotten email from HLS, but the biggest word on the envelope was Harvard in giant red letters.  The enclosed catalog had some interesting information on new classics texts though. :D

I keep getting stuff from IU-B too, but it's always alumni mail for my husband.
Michigan 2012

Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: March 06, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »
THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!!!!  I just had to vent that.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: March 06, 2008, 05:24:07 PM »

srsly... my mailbox was empty today. come on!!

Dude! Mine too! I really think the mailman skips some days, especially when it is beautiful out.

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: March 06, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

srsly... my mailbox was empty today. come on!!

Dude! Mine too! I really think the mailman skips some days, especially when it is beautiful out.

We are tucked away a little off the beaten path, and I know our mailman skips some days (like, when I put a bill out at 8:00 am to be picked up and it's still there the next day!).

Pigeon

• View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: March 06, 2008, 07:02:34 PM »
Ya know what really sucks?  I have a Post Office Box and it's on the first floor of the Post Office.  It happens to be on the edge of the building so if I happen to go to the Post Office after hours I can peer through a window on the side of the building and I can see from the back side of the box, i.e., the side that the workers use to put mail into my box.

It's pretty cool because when it's late and I get off the subway I can peek in the window and see if I have stuff inside my box.  Oh, I can't tell what anything is but I can at least see if there's stuff in there.

Last night I looked in there and I saw a big envelope -- bigger than anything I've seen in a long time -- and the envelope fit the description I've read on here.  It looked like my school sent me an admissions packet.  So I had a shred of hope last night that MAYBE -- JUST MAYBE -- when I got back there today there'd be that sweet envelope that I've been waiting for all my life.  I was stoked.

This morning when I raced over there like a kid at Christmas I got spanked HARD.  That envelope turned out to be a new pack of marketing materials that my friggin' phone company is sending out to customers.   Trouble is, I am so unproductive at work these days that I really need to hear whaddup soon.  That's why I wish they'd get this party started, one way or another. 

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: March 07, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »
I don't understand why it's taking so many schools more than 2 months to get back to me.  It will especially suck if they wait two or three months and then just waitlist or reject me.  Do any of you have an idea about why students on LSN with both lower and higher scores have heard back, when most of their applications were completed after mine?

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: March 07, 2008, 11:27:27 AM »
I guess I should be grateful that i've heard back from some of the schools.  I don't think 2 months is a long time, but it seems like the further away the school is, the faster they are to let me know.