Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 331683 times)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #2800 on: June 05, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Ah, finally. My Penn rejection came on Saturday. I have half a mind to write them and say they should treat their alums w/ a little more respect than to delay for 7 months before sending a rejection.

(ps I'm pretty relieved bc if accepted, I would probably feel like I had to go there. which speaks volumes, heh)

That sucks :(

And you should write to Guttman's office: I get the impression that the law school doesn't care how they treat UG alumns because of how JRo changed funding.  :-\

Besides, it seems like the only person they've heard from on the subject is this guy, who's just ranting: http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/43ddb2096b914?in_archive=1
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: June 05, 2006, 11:54:15 AM »
Ah, finally. My Penn rejection came on Saturday. I have half a mind to write them and say they should treat their alums w/ a little more respect than to delay for 7 months before sending a rejection.

(ps I'm pretty relieved bc if accepted, I would probably feel like I had to go there. which speaks volumes, heh)

That sucks :(

And you should write to Guttman's office: I get the impression that the law school doesn't care how they treat UG alumns because of how JRo changed funding.  :-\

Besides, it seems like the only person they've heard from on the subject is this guy, who's just ranting: http://www.dailypennsylvanian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/43ddb2096b914?in_archive=1

lol that's great. More amusing than a lot of DP columns I've read, if just as futile. I'm ok with the rejection...to be honest I wasn't going to apply until they made it free.

(mostly I'm just glad I don't have to move back to philly. I'll go back to visit and all...)

abczam

• View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: June 08, 2006, 12:40:57 PM »
In at Stanford today, off the waitlist, via phone call!

faultytowers

« Reply #2803 on: June 08, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
Nice!

supergirluw

« Reply #2804 on: June 11, 2006, 02:41:59 AM »
in at la verne - two envelopes, one with the acceptance and one (big one!) with housing and living info. I ran all the way back from the mailbox inside to open them, nearly peed my pants.

supergirluw

« Reply #2805 on: June 11, 2006, 03:16:40 AM »
in at la verne - two envelopes, one with the acceptance and one (big one!) with housing and living info. I ran all the way back from the mailbox inside to open them, nearly peed my pants.

congrats!!  you should be out celebrating  :)

i've been celebrating all day - today was my graduation too! (So as soon as I got home i ran out to the mailboxes)

i'm gonna go to bed - i'll jump up and down some more tommorow :)

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: June 12, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »
^^ so are you withdrawing from SCU?

supergirluw

« Reply #2807 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »
update on la verne...

mailbox came with a $10,000 scholarship to la verne today!!!

so yes, I am definitely going, and definitely withdrawing from SCU. I'll probably do that in a few hours or tommorow.

good luck coquita :)

Yale College Inferno

• Sr. Citizen
  • New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: June 14, 2006, 02:39:36 AM »
Received an e-mail from F. Deal. I don't even know how to react.

--
Yale College Inferno:

I am trying to reach you regarding your status here on Stanford's waitlist.  Some seats have opened up in the class and I wanted to speak with you regarding this.  Is there a preferable time for me to call you at home?

Regards,

Faye Deal
Yale College '06
Harvard Law School '09

Bored? Try the mafia boss. (Warning: addictive!)
http://www.themafiaboss.com/?refer=admiral28
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=yalecol06

supergirluw

« Reply #2809 on: June 14, 2006, 03:59:51 AM »
Received an e-mail from F. Deal. I don't even know how to react.

--
Yale College Inferno:

I am trying to reach you regarding your status here on Stanford's waitlist.  Some seats have opened up in the class and I wanted to speak with you regarding this.  Is there a preferable time for me to call you at home?

Regards,

Faye Deal

smile, drink to it and go to harvard knowing you're that much better.

you ARE still gonna go to Harvard, right?