Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 333714 times)

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #2790 on: May 18, 2006, 04:51:31 PM »
same thing with UCLA full ride offer.. the mail came 2 days after the scholarship accept/decline deadline.. this was back in early may.

-_-

how ya been lily? =)

Can't complain. :)  Have you decided where you're going yet?

Waitlist at Stanford.  But they e-mailed me and said that they were withdrawing my name because they hadn't heard a reply from the snail mail they sent.  Which I never received.

Helllooo, it's 2006.  If you want to make sure someone gets something, send it by e-mail -- especially if you're sending it out at the end of April when everyone's moving. 

If you (not you, Lily, but you as in the indefinite pronoun "one") are going to use snail mail for anything remotely important, use some form of delivery confirmation.  Are you going to tell Stanford that you didn't get their mail?

I told them I didn't get the mail, but it doesn't matter: I'm pretty committed to the money at Georgetown. :-/

Good! Because I just got in to GULC off of the waitlist and I'm glad there will be other ageing hipster indie rock fans there!  ;D
Michigan Law Class of 2009

Deus Ex Machina

• Sr. Citizen
  • Magnus frater spectat te
    • View Profile
    • Take the Roger Water's Cynicism test!
« Reply #2791 on: May 19, 2006, 09:02:44 PM »
Waitlisted by Vandy today via Email
Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos were lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armor and shouting 'All gods are bastards.'-T.Pratchett

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 22, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »
In off the Penn WL. Not sure how many they are taking now, but the Director of Admissions implied it was a "few" which could indicate I am one of many or one of a few.. unclear.

so so so happy.

NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

*shell*

• Sr. Citizen
  • FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2793 on: May 22, 2006, 06:37:29 PM »
my cycle is over with a waitlist from case (withdrew)...FSU here i come!  and with this insane weather lately, i cannot wait to get some sun!
FSU Law Class of 2009!!!

M DOT

« Reply #2794 on: May 22, 2006, 06:50:45 PM »
congrats nmb, you give wl'ers like myself hope!!!

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: May 22, 2006, 10:25:22 PM »
same thing with UCLA full ride offer.. the mail came 2 days after the scholarship accept/decline deadline.. this was back in early may.

-_-

how ya been lily? =)

Can't complain. :)  Have you decided where you're going yet?

Waitlist at Stanford.  But they e-mailed me and said that they were withdrawing my name because they hadn't heard a reply from the snail mail they sent.  Which I never received.

Helllooo, it's 2006.  If you want to make sure someone gets something, send it by e-mail -- especially if you're sending it out at the end of April when everyone's moving. 

If you (not you, Lily, but you as in the indefinite pronoun "one") are going to use snail mail for anything remotely important, use some form of delivery confirmation.  Are you going to tell Stanford that you didn't get their mail?

I told them I didn't get the mail, but it doesn't matter: I'm pretty committed to the money at Georgetown. :-/

Good! Because I just got in to GULC off of the waitlist and I'm glad there will be other ageing hipster indie rock fans there!  ;D

Yaaaayyy! Congrats! ;D
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Mr. Burnz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: May 23, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »
And my last deicision of the cycle is in!

Waitlist at USC...will stay on although I'm still not sure if I can make the East to West Coast switch...

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: May 26, 2006, 11:58:47 AM »
When does recruitment mail typically start coming in? Has anyone who's applying next cycle started getting mail?

I started getting it after my LSAT score came in at the end of October.  IIRC, my brother started getting a few things in July, but got the bulk in the fall.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2798 on: May 26, 2006, 05:33:06 PM »
When does recruitment mail typically start coming in? Has anyone who's applying next cycle started getting mail?

I started getting it after my LSAT score came in at the end of October.  IIRC, my brother started getting a few things in July, but got the bulk in the fall.

Yeah, I definitely think it started for real after the LSAT. So that's different times for different people. I guess it will also start to some degree after you register for LSDAS.

jujunyc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: June 05, 2006, 09:38:06 AM »
Ah, finally. My Penn rejection came on Saturday. I have half a mind to write them and say they should treat their alums w/ a little more respect than to delay for 7 months before sending a rejection.

(ps I'm pretty relieved bc if accepted, I would probably feel like I had to go there. which speaks volumes, heh)