Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 331206 times)

Emolee

• Sr. Citizen
  • I believe there is a distance I have wandered
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #2200 on: March 01, 2006, 04:45:43 PM »
Anyone care to speculate on this?

I got the "under review" email from Berkeley a week or so ago... today I got ANOTHER email from them saying that my app was "selected for further review by the Boalt Hall faculty admissions committee" and that my decision will be avail after March 22... anyone else recieve this?  Anyone know what this means?

THX
wrestling over tiny matters: UCLA vs. Columbia

LSAT 173!  Thank you, God!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=emolee

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #2201 on: March 01, 2006, 06:21:38 PM »
Put on hold at U Chicago. I'm one of only 4 on LSN put on hold in the latest batch and they don't seem to be admitting many with my numbers outright so I'm not too pissed about it.

cyberrev

« Reply #2202 on: March 01, 2006, 06:37:48 PM »
dinged by yale's phd program.

i was 170 f-ing points above your median verbal gre, you bastards!

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 01, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Dean Meeker that I'm one of five students who have been selected to receive Penn's Silverman-Rodin Scholarship. It covers full tuition first year and half tuition second year. Not quite as prestigious as the Levy, but I'm still flying high right now.  ;D

Just saw this. Congrats :).
HLS '09

ImNobody

« Reply #2204 on: March 01, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »

I got the "under review" email from Berkeley a week or so ago... today I got ANOTHER email from them saying that my app was "selected for further review by the Boalt Hall faculty admissions committee" and that my decision will be avail after March 22... anyone else recieve this?  Anyone know what this means?

THX

I just got this too.  No clue what to make of it.

Seems like a good sign to me: I got the "under review" from Berkeley several weeks ago, and no further review e-mail today...Looks like you're still in the running!

In at UMinn with $$ today. Hooray!! Not to be mercenary, but does anyone know if they'll let you bargain up? Minnesota's residency rules suck, and I'm getting significantly more from similar schools.

ImNobody

« Reply #2205 on: March 01, 2006, 08:51:32 PM »
Out at George Washington yesterday. My roommates hid the mail from me: "didn't want you to be sad," which is only going to add to my mail-based psychosis. Thanks guys.

kmpnj

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • law school numbers
    • Email
« Reply #2206 on: March 02, 2006, 01:23:48 AM »
I didn't really receive any law school mail, but I did send in my seat deposit to Widener today.

jeb240

« Reply #2207 on: March 02, 2006, 08:20:50 AM »
I didn't really receive any law school mail, but I did send in my seat deposit to Widener today.

Wow.  Did you apply ED?  Does Widener have an ED program?

The idea of actually sending in a seat deposit is so far from anything I can begin to grapple with right now.

Wow.

nmb238

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: March 02, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

THX

does this sound like that Michigan deferral email to anyone else?

~n
NYU06
PennLaw09

RIP Admissions Cycle
11.22.05 - 5.22.06

jeb240

« Reply #2209 on: March 02, 2006, 10:36:43 AM »

THX

does this sound like that Michigan deferral email to anyone else?

~n

I'm gonna say no because they are saying they will give you an answer in 3 weeks.  That's really not a deferral.  Also, since it's this late in the game and they are starting to reject/waitlist people (or, rather, people are calling and finding out that they've been rejected/waitlisted), what would be the point of deferring anyone?

I mean, I guess it's a deferral, but I really think it's them finally starting to fall in line with our way of thinking and realizing that maybe absolute silence isn't the best way to run an admissions campaign and letting those of you still in contention know as much.

But maybe not.