Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 329691 times)

say yeah

• hang the dj, hang the dj, hang the dj.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cs1421
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #2050 on: February 21, 2006, 04:19:19 PM »
Michigan acceptance package today.

!!congrats Hobert!

steven90

• View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: February 21, 2006, 04:46:59 PM »
Michigan a
cceptance package today.

did you originally get deferred?

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: February 21, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »
Michigan a
cceptance package today.

did you originally get deferred?

I did not apply ED. I did receive the "we are still looking at your app" email in January.
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: February 21, 2006, 05:05:59 PM »
wow, UT sounds  pretty nice to me now....

letter from Dean Goode @ UT urging me to come
UT financial aid offer of in-state tuition and $5000 a year for all 3 years... damn.  tempting.

also a folder from Vandy about the visit days and other things.

Very nice Brave... Congratulations.
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: February 21, 2006, 05:25:24 PM »
I agree with the "cold" complaint, but "difficult to get around"... I don't quite get.
Students get free bus passes, and it's a dang good system!

I didn't know that. I'm one of the few people that likes public transportation.  Dammit, it keeps climbing higher on my list...
HLS '09

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: February 21, 2006, 05:42:39 PM »
I agree with the "cold" complaint, but "difficult to get around"... I don't quite get.

I didn't know that. I'm one of the few people that likes public transportation.  Dammit, it keeps climbing higher on my list...

No "damnits" about Michigan allowed; you sound like you'd be a cool classmate :)

Aww, thanks.  Although I think you and I would argue about *everything* :).
HLS '09

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 21, 2006, 05:57:17 PM »

No "damnits" about Michigan allowed; you sound like you'd be a cool classmate :)

Aww, thanks.  Although I think you and I would argue about *everything* :).

Probably, but at least I try to make it fun. ;)

:) I didn't know you'd already picked UMich.  I'll be sending in my deposit the last possible moment since I'm so indecisive.
HLS '09

bloomich

« Reply #2057 on: February 21, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

you don't really *need* a car to get around aa... once on central campus, you can get to any other part of central campus within 10 minutes... plus the law quad is pretty self-contained... from campus, the downtown main st area is a 10 minute walk away... the state st and s. university "collegy" areas are 5 minutes away... and then, as mentioned, the bus system is free for students and faculty... i, personally, *hate* buses... it takes 45 minutes to get to a meijer that should take 10 minutes tops by car... but you can definitely get around ann arbor just fine without a car...

with all this said, i have a car on campus... and i do appreciate having one

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 21, 2006, 06:20:23 PM »

you don't really *need* a car to get around aa... once on central campus, you can get to any other part of central campus within 10 minutes... plus the law quad is pretty self-contained... from campus, the downtown main st area is a 10 minute walk away... the state st and s. university "collegy" areas are 5 minutes away... and then, as mentioned, the bus system is free for students and faculty... i, personally, *hate* buses... it takes 45 minutes to get to a meijer that should take 10 minutes tops by car... but you can definitely get around ann arbor just fine without a car...

with all this said, i have a car on campus... and i do appreciate having one

Thanks for the info :).
HLS '09

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #2059 on: February 21, 2006, 08:30:50 PM »
I don't know what to say I am honestly crying right now with tears of joy. I just recieved a phone call not more than 20min ago from the assistant dean Angela Espada from the University of Indiana School of Law a Tier 2!!! They told me that they were very impressed with my desire to and inspiration to attend law school and told me that they have a place for me in the up and comming class!! I didn't know what to say, i was shocked and still am. I still don't know if I can believe it, they said that the letter will be in the mail sometime this week or early next week and to give her a call anytime if I have any questions. I had to tell you all first I don't know what to say, but thank you all for your inspiration. I am absolutely stunned right now. My hands are shaking as I am typing this, I still think it is a joke. I won't really get it until I recieve information in the mail. This is above any dreams I might have had b/c It is ranked soo high. They seriously saw past my LSAt b/c their average LSAT is 152 to 158. Should I take this as a joke??!! I am stunned my heart is pounding, my hands are shaking, I am in complete bliss right now. Someone hit me!!  :) :o :o :o :'( :'( (tears of joy)
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!