Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 333584 times)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: THE MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #1930 on: February 13, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »
ill just throw this out there...am i the only one who feels like i should respond to current law students from schools that have accepted me when they email me? They just seem so gosh darn nice...maybe I'm just crazy.

I always respond.  But usually because I have questions.  They're lame questions, and I don't expect to get realistic answers, but I still have them.

Then again, I didn't respond to the CLS guy who left voicemail.  (One of at least three males associated with GLBTQ groups to have contacted me of the four total law student contacts so far.  :D)

yeah...i got a voicemail thing today, with a follow-up email. it is one of those strange things...on the one hand i feel like it would be nice to have an honest view from a current student, but on the other i prejudge them as being only concerned with marketing the school. eh.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

jeb240

« Reply #1931 on: February 13, 2006, 09:19:24 PM »
I have only responded to one of the students who email me.  Because the decision of a law school is entirely not up to me and entirely up to the whims of financial aid, I'm trying to *not* get too into any particular school.

That may not make sense, but it seems rational to me.

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 13, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »
I agree with your approach. If financial aid is the biggest concern, getting attached to a particular school w/o any aid can be quite dangerous..

I have only responded to one of the students who email me.  Because the decision of a law school is entirely not up to me and entirely up to the whims of financial aid, I'm trying to *not* get too into any particular school.

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 13, 2006, 10:03:53 PM »
I agree with your approach. If financial aid is the biggest concern, getting attached to a particular school w/o any aid can be quite dangerous..

Makes perfect sense. 
HLS '09

Hobert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rossi! Rossi! Rossi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 13, 2006, 10:16:25 PM »

Scholarships will play a large part in my decision as well. I do not want to have massive piles of debt when I graduate.
Super Bowl Champs (Attending): DUKE
TD: Michigan, Northwestern, UNC, Notre Dame, Texas, Vandy, WUSTL
Intentional Grounding(Withdrew): Baylor, Case, Cincy, Emory, Florida, Indiana
INT: None
4th and Goal: Penn, UVA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Hobert

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: February 13, 2006, 10:19:22 PM »

Scholarships will play a large part in my decision as well. I do not want to have massive piles of debt when I graduate.

how large was your scholarship from Duke...just so I can get an idea of what kind of aid they give out?

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post
HLS '09

bloomich

« Reply #1936 on: February 14, 2006, 01:10:09 AM »
Duke scholarship letter...

is that a letter to apply for Mordecai?

Haha, after posting I figured the wording might raise this question with the way it was phrased. I updated it at the same time you posted the question.

It was an offer, not a Mordecai invite.

same here, congrats!

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1937 on: February 14, 2006, 03:41:06 AM »
I got a notice inviting me to some alumni reception from bklyn

and then

I got a letter postmarked 2/3/06 saying my file was complete....

and yet i already received my decision 2 weeks ago

hmmm
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 14, 2006, 08:51:16 AM »
HLS '09

Steve.jd