Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: THE MAIL CALL THREAD  (Read 333241 times)

Lucky77

Re: THE ADMISSIONS MAIL CALL THREAD
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2005, 03:50:25 AM »
Santa Clara fee waiver via email.. Woot!

Leshy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2005, 01:34:40 PM »
Does it mean that I am unwanted if I have not received anything yet? (Or that I just took the LSAT on OCT. 1st and no one knows my score?)

Relax, you only took the test 6 days ago.  Your test is probably sitting in a box somewhere in Newton and no has touched it since Saturday.  When the scores come out, you can expect to start getting things in the mail but schools aren't going to learn of your LSAT before you do.  Good luck on getting a high score though.

It's Newtown, not Newton.

Good catch, thank you.

pamm

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2005, 02:38:57 PM »
From yesterday: like everyone else, the Stanford notification about their delay in processing apps. Also, a notification from Columbia that they need a dean's cert from my grad school to complete my app.

Lucky77

« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2005, 04:19:12 AM »
Congrats Pancho, I got the michigan letter today too!!

Raskolnikov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2005, 03:41:07 PM »
Same here, and they requested my report according to LSAC.  I'm that much closer to the ding-of-honor!

jeb240

« Reply #165 on: October 09, 2005, 04:21:19 PM »
Yale confirmation of receipt:
Your application for admission to Yale Law School has been received and is currently in process.  We will contact you again when your application is complete and ready for review.

We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Yale Law School.

Yale Law School Admissions Office

This is not good.  It's, in fact, as bad as when I received an email from Northwestern about my interview around 1am.

It's bad because from 3pm to an ungodly hour I'm chained to my computer in the hopes of law school email news.  I took solace in the fact that no one works on the weekends.  It's a strictly M-F gig.  I should have known Yale would be different.  I'm glad they let me know.  And I'm glad they requested my report.  But couldn't have have waited until Monday and left me wallowing in the belief that my weekends could be my own?

jeb240

« Reply #166 on: October 09, 2005, 04:39:22 PM »
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Yale Law School.

Do you think they *really* appreciate my/our interest(s)?  Hmm...

bloomich

« Reply #167 on: October 09, 2005, 04:46:53 PM »
yale too

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 09, 2005, 04:53:54 PM »

Sure they do.  They want everyone to apply so that they can get the best possible class AND the best possible selectivity rating.   ;)

I haven't even sent in my app yet, so I figure I'm safe from being dinged until then anyway.   :-\

jeb240

« Reply #169 on: October 09, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »

Sure they do.  They want everyone to apply so that they can get the best possible class AND the best possible selectivity rating.   ;)

I haven't even sent in my app yet, so I figure I'm safe from being dinged until then anyway.   :-\

That's an assumption with no supporting evidence.  Not that a ding is coming your way, but maybe right now the Yale adcomms are browsing LSN and LSD for people to ding before they are even out of the gate.  You say, "But I've never heard of that happening to anyone?"  But, really, who's going to admit being rejected from a place before they've even applied?

Fodder for thought.